• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night TV Anime's 1st Character Ad Highlights Rin Tohsaka

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah. Looking forward to this.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
the best route
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I must say, this does fortunately look better than Fate Zero, which already was pretty damn impressive for overall animation quality in almost every important scene.

THE HYPE

THE

HYYYYYYYYPE
konqueror

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I noticed that Archer is fighting Lancer with only one sword, just like he did in the Visual Novel.

Good job ufotable, those details might be small, but important.
Shory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
And you'll just see that it gets a C+ for Animation here.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Based Ufotable.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
I noticed that Archer is fighting Lancer with only one sword, just like he did in the Visual Novel.

Good job ufotable, those details might be small, but important.

Which makes me hopeful that they'll do justice to the last fight instead of "ONOREONOREONORE".
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
the best route

please. only for those that liked shiro since his character got a massive upgrade for this route.

like it or not the best route is the saber route which is the reason why it got an anime series first. however the most popular route by fans is definitely the heaven's feel route.

regardless definitely disappointed that the new TV series isnt a remake or based off heavens feel. At least it got a movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
the best route

please. only for those that liked shiro since his character got a massive upgrade for this route.

like it or not the best route is the saber route which is the reason why it got an anime series first. however the most popular route by fans is definitely the heaven's feel route.

regardless definitely disappointed that the new TV series isnt a remake or based off heavens feel. At least it got a movie.

Actually I think the only reason that only the Fate route got the anime adaptation is because UBW and HF wouldn't make sense without watching it first.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Can we rewrite FSN to make Luvia take Rin's spot?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
the best route

Don't care about Shiro. It's about Rin Tohsaka for me. Heaven feel is not most popular among the fans, not sure where do you get data.

There was a Japan poll like 7 or 8 year's ago, Heaven feel was last and Fate was first because Saber is the most popular character in the series. Heaven Feel has little good saber screen time how can that be the most popular route?

Even US polls, Heaven was only second in many of the polls.
I can't find the jp poll anymore. But here is one of the latest US polls.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=50935&show=60
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
the best route

When I got the game, I stopped not long after I began because I couldn't take any more of his idealistic crap and self-righteous bollocks. His servant is obviously stronger yet he keeps butting in where he's not wanted.

And for some reason I do not like Saber that much for the same reason she keeps hanging onto these ideals. Whenever someone preaches about justice, it drags the media down. That's probably why I enjoyed Fate/Zero because it keeps delivering the terrible outcomes to naivete without mercy.
ShinnFlowen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Stopping in the beginning is a shame because Unlimited Blade Works really makes Shirou and Saber look like complete idiots. Of all the routes available to adapt, releasing unlimited blade works after airing Fate/Zero makes the most sense of all three routes. This path carries over Kiritsugu Emiya's ideals without the romantic relationships being constantly shoved into the story to either strengthen or diminish those ideals.

Fate is for Saber Fans
Unlimited Blade Works is for Archer and Rin Fans
Heaven's Feel is for Sakura and Rider Fans

More Rin = Win for me
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:23 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
And for some reason I do not like Saber that much for the same reason she keeps hanging onto these ideals. Whenever someone preaches about justice, it drags the media down. That's probably why I enjoyed Fate/Zero because it keeps delivering the terrible outcomes to naivete without mercy.

I wasn't a huge fan of Saber either. I like her as a character in F/Z because(like you said) Urobuchi took her to town and slaughtered her naive morality. My favorite character in F/Z was Kiritsugu easily.

Quote:

That will depend on how crazy Ufotable gets with their CG. I love the art style used by them, but they tend to have some pretty shitty CG integration. Episode 13 of Fate/Zero looked terrible for example.

As far as Heaven's Feel goes, I am really really hoping for a movie series. There is no way in hell that a single movie is going to do it justice. I have a hard time imagining that Aniplex and Ufotable would put out something that is rushed and sloppy, but I'm still a little antsy. [/quote]
Shory

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:26 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

Quote:

That will depend on how crazy Ufotable gets with their CG. I love the art style used by them, but they tend to have some pretty shitty CG integration. Episode 13 of Fate/Zero looked terrible for example.

I was joking. But yeah, the sea monster thing was kinda off. Even so, that's hardly a good reason to judge the entire anime's animation.
I think F/SN has less CG, because I can't recall anything that needs to be modelled per se, so it should be fine in that regard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3