• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Locodol (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The very next day Kou from Free moved to Tanhoku.

This was all good, Uogokoro-kun song just continues to get catchy, and the charm just has me coming back. There are some pretty good shows out lately, especially comedies, this does not quite match but it is still surprisingly good. They did not spoiler[come first, but they still won something.] Might be just me but the announcer sounded like that guy from Fairy Tail.

Also, I think that I noticed now that parts of the opening song have changed since earlier, I am thinking there might be another character/idol to come.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:49 am Reply with quote
I don't get it. How did spoiler[Sardine Boy go from beating Muscular Dude in the final round to fourth place overall???] Something smells fishy.

Also, I'm not so sure that "Cute and Loose Characters" is the best translation. I have no idea what it would be since I don't speak Japanese, but I sense "loose" is not quite what they are going for.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
muscle mascot had spoiler[more overall points than Uogokoro].
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
I don't remember when they said it was point-based, but didn't they say the costume coming off was disqualifying?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
I don't remember when they said it was point-based, but didn't they say the costume coming off was disqualifying?

Yep.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:11 am Reply with quote
my guess is that Yui either knocked herself out or hurt herself pretty bad enough to go to the first aid tent, and that supersedes a loose mascot head
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
Depends on how far they take the meaning of disqualify. But I just assumed it meant that the mascot was disqualified from that particular event they were in, which if that is what happened the muscle star guy would still have easily won since he had tons of points.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice Nana's reaction to a crisis was to consider stripping for the audience?

That girl has potential.

And I think that is something of a first for mainstream idol shows. (Although Perfect Blue comes to mind but that's not a comedy.)
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Did anyone else notice Nana's reaction to a crisis was to consider stripping for the audience?

I did notice. And I wholeheartedly approve. Nana is truly willing to put her body on the line for her town (and more importantly, for us). What a wonderful idol she is.

Unless my eyes deceive me, that manager of theirs - Saori - looked even cuter than usual this episode. And a hot and sweaty Yui gets me all hot and bothered.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Hey, they have had some surprise spoiler[success, both Uogokoro-kun and the girls]. I do like the transition they, especially Nanako, have had. And the spoiler[new character came in, she is a stand in for Yui as Uogokoro-kun so Yui does not get too exhausted].

This show should be dumb, but it really is not. Those who have not checked it out thinking it is the same old type of idol show, give it a try, it is actually pretty good, singing and doing usual idol things are actually quite small.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
In the recent arc, one thing I was surprised about is that the girls were initially supposed to just be translators for Uogokoro-kun. But that never happened and instead they got their own screentime instead.

Anyway, I'm liking this show a lot. You could see it all happening in real life. The events, the commercials and the singing that the girls do are all highly plausible. That applies even to their low-budget costumes (Uogokoro-kun aside, although his design does nail the whole "embarrassing small-town mascot" angle). Locodol is definitely not as impossible or ridiculous as Love Live!, and its honesty and low-key style is charming. Based on what's been aired thus far, it is definitely the best idol show I've seen.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Nanako's critical weakness: she's too much fun to tease.

And Yukari: I want to see more of her naughty side. "Private conversations" indeed.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quote
I have to keep reminding myself not to feel guilty for liking Mirai. I tell myself, "Sure, she has the appearance of a loli, but she's really fifteen."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

And now we understand Yukari's interest in Nanako. Sure you look into it as Yuri but it is not a solid fact, she liked that Nanako puts other first and although a little clumsy she will still generally be optimistic. Yukari's old spoiler[job in the costume seems reminiscent of what Yui does on the side].

I would have thought Nanako already knew spoiler[she mostly got the job through family connections]. Light headed Yukari was quite funny.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Bleh I really don't think that flashback linking Yukari and Nanako was necessary. This is the third show this season to do that. Can't people just meet and become good friends without any random meeting between them before hand? It's like such a concept is impossible Crying or Very sad. I suppose it works for dramatic storytelling but I don't need that in cutesy my slice of life anime! Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4