• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Odex Singapore.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tueac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Odex(Singapore) Licenses have not been updated for quite a long while now? even the wikipedia has a more updated list.

Looks like they have also Haruhi Suzumiyah and Ouran High School Host Club, to be release on DVD this coming june or july.

Also they seem to be fight a war in Singapore under the banner of AVPAS. representing major Japanese Studios to catch fansub downloaders.

A list of Authorised Anime by Singapore Studio and their licenses.

http://www.avpas.com.sg/AVPAS_Authorized.html
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
tueac wrote:
Odex(Singapore) Licenses have not been updated for quite a long while now? even the wikipedia has a more updated list.

Both ANN and Wikipedia are user-based. If you think there's any lacking, feel free to add them.

tueac wrote:
Looks like they have also Haruhi Suzumiyah and Ouran High School Host Club, to be release on DVD this coming june or july.

You know, I've been waiting for years to contribute MY share of licensed products.

tueac wrote:
A list of Authorised Anime by Singapore Studio and their licenses.

http://www.avpas.com.sg/AVPAS_Authorized.html

You know what's the problem of the list? It doesn't say who licensed what. Although the small market of Singapore is similar to that of Australia (with one monopoly licensor -- Odex and Madman, respectively -- plus several much smaller ones), it would be much better if you or any other Singaporean could provide more useful information other than that list. The language tracks on those licensed products would be another nightmare.

Ah, do I miss Ken Hayashi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tueac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
its authorised meaning some are not even licensed. They are just given the authority to catch for some.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
From what I've read AVPAS is basically made up of ODEX people, but a title being on the list doesn't mean that ODEX has it, just that they've agree with the Japanese owners of the series to pursue copyright infringement for those titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
tueac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
according to a informal interview with the chair person of AVPAS, their goal is to seek a balance between helping their Japanese members stop rampant downloading and killing off Odex through negative news generated.

And it looks like odex is going to be doing something big is 1 or 2 months time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1