• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan TV Anime Slated for 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Has nothing to do with Hirano and anyone stating as such makes me laugh immensely.

Not to mention she is still getting jobs, and even if it was still such a big deal, they could always replace her if they really wanted too.

And, she did voice the character for the KyoAni video clip that was made to promote the pachinko game.

Megiddo wrote:
Yuki was by far my least favorite character in the Haruhi franchise as Rei clones just aren't my cup of tea. If this is a short like Haruhi-chan/Churuya then I might check it out as it won't be much of a time investment.

I'd be pretty surprised if this series wasn't a full 20-22min per episode deal. This is a spin off of Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, based in the world that was shown in that novel/movie. Nothing like the 2 shows you mentioned.

This manga is pretty much a slice-of-life/rom-com. Haruhi doesn't appear until the 2nd volume, and she doesn't have that big of a role to play. Asakura has a lot more screen time than Haruhi does in this series. The main characters are Yuki, Kyon, and Asakura.

Haruhi is around, but plays bit parts. She even disappears for many chapters, leading to a joke being made about her not being around. I'm unsure if Koizumi really speaks that often; Mikuru and Tsuruya are also characters that are mostly seen and not heard.

I think that this adaption could have a decent ending with what is given in volumes 4/5 with the spoiler[return of Yuki's memory].
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
#822473 wrote:
I just don't understand. Aya dubs Lucy in Fairy Tail and nobody never even give a shit about it at any point. The same with the infinity various other series who Aya dubs. So why just Haruhi? I really don't understand. Someone can explain it to me?

Fairy Tail is a children's show. Aya's other big role is Garnet in Jewelpet, another children's show. Children's shows are different from otaku shows since the fans are children who don't care about voice actors or anything. Otaku do, so it mostly affects her roles in late-night anime, which Haruhi is.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
I wonder if much was said about Aya voicing Weekend in Witch Craft Works or Paiman in Gatchman Crowds. If there were still many against her, would've thought that Paiman would get some reaction. Weekend was a smaller role, but the character was played up to be a rather large villain in the anime.

I'd say that Disappearance of Yuki Nagato might be a perfect place to test the waters when it comes to Aya voice Haruhi, if there is really a problem with her voicing that character in a late night anime. She already voiced the character again for the pachinko promo, so I can't see why a studio may not want her to voice the character for the Yuki anime.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
ultimatemegax wrote:
Has nothing to do with Hirano and anyone stating as such makes me laugh immensely.

Not to mention she is still getting jobs, and even if it was still such a big deal, they could always replace her if they really wanted too.

And, she did voice the character for the KyoAni video clip that was made to promote the pachinko game.
I wonder if much was said about Aya voicing Weekend in Witch Craft Works or Paiman in Gatchman Crowds. If there were still many against her, would've thought that Paiman would get some reaction. Weekend was a smaller role, but the character was played up to be a rather large villain in the anime.

I'd say that Disappearance of Yuki Nagato might be a perfect place to test the waters when it comes to Aya voice Haruhi, if there is really a problem with her voicing that character in a late night anime. She already voiced the character again for the pachinko promo, so I can't see why a studio may not want her to voice the character for the Yuki anime.

Kadokawa was in charge of the Haruhi Hunting marketing strategy through the Newtype magazine advertisement portion of the company. The music video was produced by Sankyo (the makers of the pachinko game). Kyoto Animation had nothing to do with it.

In regards to Hirano as Paiman, it shows how ignorant most fans are to how little people care about that issue and how that entire situation got blown out of proportion by Sankaku Complex (and then never argued against by anyone, including ANN, who took advantage for page views). NTV got high ratings for Crowds when it aired at 2 AM on Friday nights in Japan. High enough ratings to greenlight a second season right after the first aired (no discs had been sold, so no one can use that excuse). These would be the same "otaku" that people think would be outraged that Hirano got work, but that didn't happen. Instead, the western community continues to be partially xenophobic about the entire situation and we get threads/dicussion like this.

"Disappearance of Yuki Nagato might be a perfect place to test the waters when it comes to Aya voice Haruhi" is an utterly laughable phrase because it quite simply doesn't matter at all. Look back at my previous post(s) in this thread and you'll see the more logical reason why they're adapting Yuki-chan instead of more Haruhi. It simply makes more business sense.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote
Japan hates Hirano, becuase Japan is weird and sexist!!! Let's just forget that this thing called Parasyte is going to air really soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
Lavnovice9 wrote:
Fairy Tail is a children's show. Aya's other big role is Garnet in Jewelpet, another children's show. Children's shows are different from otaku shows since the fans are children who don't care about voice actors or anything. Otaku do, so it mostly affects her roles in late-night anime, which Haruhi is.

Isn't just Children's shows, Lucky Star, Nichijou, Gintama, Seikon no Qwaser II and various others so this don't make sense. She's a very talent actress, so I really don't understand why people you guys even thinks she can't dubs Haruhi and why you always talks about her scandal when it comes to Haruhi and ONLY Haruhi.

danilo07 wrote:
Japan hates Hirano, becuase Japan is weird and sexist!!! Let's just forget that this thing called Parasyte is going to air really soon.

This is so wrong that I don't even know how to start, I guess better don't start just ignore it.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
ultimatemegax wrote:
Kadokawa was in charge of the Haruhi Hunting marketing strategy through the Newtype magazine advertisement portion of the company. The music video was produced by Sankyo (the makers of the pachinko game). Kyoto Animation had nothing to do with it.

Apart from animating the clip. Which is all I mentioned.

ultimatemegax wrote:
"Disappearance of Yuki Nagato might be a perfect place to test the waters when it comes to Aya voice Haruhi" is an utterly laughable phrase because it quite simply doesn't matter at all. Look back at my previous post(s) in this thread and you'll see the more logical reason why they're adapting Yuki-chan instead of more Haruhi. It simply makes more business sense.

I was merely stating that in terms of the problem people believe is there when it comes to Aya and Haruhi. Which is why I said, "if there is really a problem with her voicing that character in a late night anime." If there really is some big problem, then studios could turn away from having her voice the character.

I wasn't talking about what makes business sense, merely addressing the perception that Aya as Haruhi would cause problems and that some believe this is a reason that no more Haruhi anime is going to be made. That is the reason why I think many people always make mention of Aya whenever Haruhi related stories pop up.

And, that is the only reason I said what I did. I hope you had a good laugh...
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Now that Funimation has the rights to the Haruhi Suzumiya anime franchise in North America, I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they acquire this.

Lets hope that Funimation brings back most of the Bang Zoom! Entertainment cast.

Last edited by IanRootBeerDubber on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
It's been almost a decade; she's not young anymore. Can't rely on youth; if she's that talented, she'd be in more jobs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3