• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits Special Edition (Yet Again)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:21 am Reply with quote
Luff-Chan wrote:
omg, waldens and borders are terrible! doing those things by giving away your books you preordered! i don't trust em Mad but theres a new borders...do you think they will have it? it doesnt open up....the site and the store says "COMING SOON!" ...how soon? need chobits now Anime catgrin + sweatdrop should i preorder on the borders amazon, or do what you all did...and did the smart thing? thers anther borders but its too far for me to drive alone, and my moms lazy Anime cry

Wow. "SHIFT" key please. That was kinda hard to decipher there Luff-Chan.

Borders runs through Amazon and seeing all the trouble I've had with Amazon, I don't recommend going that route.(Well, only trouble with this Chobits, otherwise Amazon's great!) I don't even think Amazon has it listed on their site anymore.

I hardly ever go to Waldenbooks, but the few times I've gone there, I've never had a problem. Call ahead to either Borders or Waldenbooks, make sure they have it, and if they do they'll hold it for 3 days or something. Since the sets aren't preorders anymore, I doubt that you'll have a problem.
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:55 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
I gave up on Amazon - cancelled my order today. Took DiscoBuba's advice and lo and behold, Waldenbooks had just gotten 3 more in. I heart Waldenbooks today. Smile The cashier said he was really surprised that they were selling as well as they were.

t wanna cancel too seeing i have one already but i bought with check, will they send me another check or sumthing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:37 am Reply with quote
Hellomojo wrote:
t wanna cancel too seeing i have one already but i bought with check, will they send me another check or sumthing?

A check to Amazon or to Waldenbooks? I have never sent a check to Amazon, so I don't know.
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:58 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Hellomojo wrote:

A check to Amazon or to Waldenbooks? I have never sent a check to Amazon, so I don't know.
Amazon.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:23 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Luff-Chan wrote:
omg, waldens and borders are terrible! doing those things by giving away your books you preordered! i don't trust em Mad but theres a new borders...do you think they will have it? it doesnt open up....the site and the store says "COMING SOON!" ...how soon? need chobits now Anime catgrin + sweatdrop should i preorder on the borders amazon, or do what you all did...and did the smart thing? thers anther borders but its too far for me to drive alone, and my moms lazy Anime cry

Wow. "SHIFT" key please. That was kinda hard to decipher there Luff-Chan.

Shift? What is this SHIFT key you speak of? Sorry Sad I miss Microsoft Word where it capitalized for me. From now on, correct grammer Anime catgrin Luckily, I do use periods and such.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:29 am Reply with quote
Hellomojo wrote:
lianncoop wrote:
Hellomojo wrote:

Amazon.com

The only thing I can recommend is to contact Amazon.com and ask what happens when you cancel an order you have paid for by check. I've contacted them numerous times (on different ocassions) and have had good success with them getting back to me within 24 hours.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:02 am Reply with quote
IIRC Amazon moves the funds from the check into your account unless you ask them to send them back in another check.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Bump...

I see from Amazon.com that they are no longer listing the special edition as being for sale through them. I canceled my order with them before this happened; did anyone get an email from Amazon explaining what happenend?
Kidotai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:27 pm Reply with quote
God, my bookstore has 8 of those boxes, most in backstock...anyone need one?
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:58 pm Reply with quote
My Borders still has three... If yer that desperate....
radicaledward

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:36 am Reply with quote
Nah, mine is sitting proudly on my bookcase ~ I'm just wondering what happened with Amazon.com; it seems like someone majorly goofed up.
trippleslasher///

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:52 pm Reply with quote
how much do u know about chobits i am looking for all the volumes on it Laughing i read the first 2 Razz there very good but i don know about the other stuff on it Laughing[/url][/code]
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:22 am Reply with quote
trippleslasher/// wrote:
how much do u know about chobits i am looking for all the volumes on it Laughing i read the first 2 Razz there very good but i don know about the other stuff on it Laughing[/url][/code]

Ok...that was very hard to decipher...but I gather that you're interested in what Chobits is all about. If you have read the first 2 volumes, you should already kind of get the picture. All 8 volumes are out, and you can probably still find the vol.8 special edition in bookstores. The complete series is one of my personal favorites and I found it to be a pretty strong series overall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5