• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Captain Earth (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
The whole show was a Shakespeare/AM-SND reference, although I don't know enough about the work to pick out a ton of specific examples, aside from the naming schemes.

Anyways, I enjoyed it, but it was definitely fluff. The ending was a lot like Gurren Lagann, but without any of the real drama or punch of that series. It also had a lot of similarities to Star Driver, but not quite as expressive. I liked it, but there was really nothing to love about it, aside from Akari.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
You know, thinking on people calling it "juvenile", what came across to you as "juvenile" is actually why I loved it so much: they were kids, and they acted like realistic kids, not hardened mecha pilots (like so many shows do).

Ummmm what realistic kids do you know who get into life and death gun fights and shake it off as if nothing happened? Maybe if they lived in L.A or something. But these kids charge into these battles as if they have nothing to lose. It's quite the opposite of realistic really.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
i have to agree those kids actions were not realistic in our society.
some middle east kids maybe able "get into life and death gun fights and shake it off as if nothing happened".

heck the entire anime is not realistic and bad science fiction. Alot of mecha show has believable science fiction even in gundam. his anime is way out there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10