• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
M3 the dark metal (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23

"Akashi, why are you being spoiler[clumsy despite moving well]?"
Akashi: "Sorry, spoiler[Heito was biting my ear]."
Shocked

That was not said in the episode, just a conversation going in my head from seeing something like from Love Stage play out on M3.

Also, we found out that spoiler[Minashi was the real psychopath all along, he along mega corpse ultra are the final boss].
Volibear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24 (End)

Well, I guess that was fine. Kinda felt like spoiler[everyone just gave up at the end though, as opposed to actually resolving anything, even though they actually did. It just kinda had a completely defeated tone to it (which is fine), as opposed to a more victorious one. ] But I guess that did suit the series more, the whole show kinda felt like that.

As for the series as a whole, I'm not sure I'd say the second half makes up for the first half, but it does a decent enough job at trying. If this had been squeezed into, maybe, 16 episodes I think it'd have been really rather good as a whole, as opposed to the night and day difference the show ended up being.

I'll probably never watch this again, but at least it can serve as a reminder that sometimes perseverance can pay off for the viewer.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
Well, I guess that was fine. Kinda felt like spoiler[everyone just gave up at the end though, as opposed to actually resolving anything, even though they actually did. It just kinda had a completely defeated tone to it (which is fine), as opposed to a more victorious one. ] But I guess that did suit the series more, the whole show kinda felt like that.

I don't understand how it could have felt like that (we must become one to fix that!). spoiler[If anyone gave up it was Minashi, but his "merge everyone into one to end suffering" thing was stupid (and over done) anyways.]

The episode put me in an extremely good mood. Not often that shows more on the dour side like this one have spoiler[happy endings. For everyone!] I thought it wrapped up quite nicely.

The show was pretty "meh" at first, but it proves that it sometimes pays off to stick with a show.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it a little ironic that after all those speeches on understanding each others through good ol' way, they use spoiler[mind-to-mind treatment to cure necrometal infection]?

Ah, anyway... I'm really happy with spoiler[the ending]. They totally deserve it! Anime smile (Heck, I see it as a refreshing take on child suffering genre Laughing)
Although gotta admit that spoiler[happy ending] seems waaaaaay out of place for a show like this LOL (I expected Minashi to be spoiler[killed in the "final battle"]).

It is a good show. Glad I stick with it till the end.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
Imo, it was one of the meh mecha series at all. At some point, I lost interest in most of the characters and their motivations. Action aside, their back stories and development just didn't interest me long enough. Well, at least the series didn't end in a huge cliffhanger.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 24 (finale)

This series started off really weak, I think that it may have had too much time and decided to spend it with the characters being flawed/unlikable, as well as just not really explaining what was going on. When it finally decided to turn things it managed to actually make one of the more unlikable characters, Emiru, to actually be a pretty good character, some extra pay off of that much later in the season with Maamu. All of the twists kind of felt late, but they were surprisingly decent, and when it took advantage of tone, it could be quite excellent. And I think Tsugumi was a great part of the series, as was getting into Natsuiri's head.

I am pretty happy with the last episode, it spoiler[had a happy ending with a nice nostalgic feeling]. That song where it does that whistling, I think it is one of the good parts of the music. I would not mind a small follow up of the characters, but the way they ended it was still really good. Overall I rate the series Decent, the beginning of the series really brings it down and expectedly many people dropped it. I will add that I was quite happy that ANN continued to link the latest episodes, it helped getting me think it would get better.

I would like for some lessons to be taken from this series in being able to take advantage of what worked, and remove what did not.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
I dropped this a few episodes in, but decided to take another look around ep 13 or 14, and was glad I did. It's not a great series, but it did get good in the second half. I enjoyed the atmosphere, music, and mood of it, and found the ending satisfying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6