• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
This one, I'm stuck on whether either Sentai Filmworks or Funimation will be acquiring this title.
Uokel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
sharl wrote:
Ugoki wrote:
And so it begins. The new era of trashy otaku pandering fantasy LN anime adaptation.

They got Kirito's VA to do it too. Wonderful.

agreed, i couldnt get through 5 chapters of this manga cause all the girls loved the main character and every 3 pages there was a girl rubbing up to him or some other shit. people really need to break off making anime around these kinds of manga and LN, theyre almost all the same.

that's not how it is at all..
his god, a waitress, a support girl (doesn't even show up till later), A girl who works at the guild (thinks of him as a little brother) The main girl (who barely shows anything she's like a blank wall in the emotion department) and another god who just wants to rape him are the only girls who show any affection for him. He spends more time in the dungeon than he does outside of it and the only character that rubs up on him is the god to which he is a part of her familia.

You must of been reading the wrong manga
Lero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story takes place in the town of labyrinths, Orario, also called "Dungeon." Bell Cranel is a newbie adventurer that admires "Having a fateful meeting with a person of the opposite gender." One day during an adventure, he is attacked by a Minotaur. Close to destruction, he is saved by a top-class female adventurer, Eyes Warenstein. He falls in love with her at first sight, and begins actions to become an adventurer that is on her level.

The name is Ais Wallenstein.
Eyes? Seriously? Laughing
That aside no other issues. However....
Quote:
He later encounters Hestia, a god called a "Lolita god" due to her stature who falls in love with him.

No, not "later". Bell has been on the dungeon farming for the sake of her goddess, they met each other way before he met Ais.
An adventurer can't just go to the dungeon without having a god supporting him.

Here is the synopsis from the light novels:
Quote:
The huge labyrinth city, Orario, is the gateway to the huge underground maze commonly known as the “Dungeon”. Its strange name causes excitement, a place to gain honour, and maybe even a romance with a pretty girl. A place where people hold their breath, hoping to gain all they wish for, a place where a solitary young man meets a little “god”.

“Alright, Bell-kun, follow me! It’s time for the “Familia” initiation rite to happen!”
“Yes! I’m going to get stronger!”

The fated meeting of a boy who wants to become an adventurer, and the failed god who doesn’t even have a single follower.

This boy’s journey as written by the goddess, “Family’s Legend” (Familia’s Myth)

I think this is better as the story is always described as "the boy's story recorded by the god who fell in love with him".
sharl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Uokel wrote:
sharl wrote:
Ugoki wrote:
And so it begins. The new era of trashy otaku pandering fantasy LN anime adaptation.

They got Kirito's VA to do it too. Wonderful.

agreed, i couldnt get through 5 chapters of this manga cause all the girls loved the main character and every 3 pages there was a girl rubbing up to him or some other shit. people really need to break off making anime around these kinds of manga and LN, theyre almost all the same.

that's not how it is at all..
his god, a waitress, a support girl (doesn't even show up till later), A girl who works at the guild (thinks of him as a little brother) The main girl (who barely shows anything she's like a blank wall in the emotion department) and another god who just wants to rape him are the only girls who show any affection for him. He spends more time in the dungeon than he does outside of it and the only character that rubs up on him is the god to which he is a part of her familia.

You must of been reading the wrong manga

7 dude, you named 7, that's more than kiritos trashy harem -.-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2