• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Selector Infected + Spread Wixoss (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

If what I think it is saying is right, the spoiler[girl in black and girl in white were a part of Mayu, Tama was her innocence, and if Ulith was the original, she was her dark side]. The fact that Iona has spoiler[tried to actually be a bit good has made her actually in pain].

I was afraid that spoiler[Akira would stab Hitoe or something]. It is getting exciting.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
I'd actually wager spoiler[Mayu herself is the dark girl. I mean, look how evil she is.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I'd actually wager spoiler[Mayu herself is the dark girl. I mean, look how evil she is.]

Well it is not like Tama was quite a whole person unlike Ulith has appeared to be, so Mayu is not exactly even in good and bad.

Mayu
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:
Welp and the cat's out of the bag. spoiler[Akira is an idiot imo for being allied with her in the beginning. The battle itself this episode was good though with Ruko having to fight against Tama, which imo is going to be a lot harder to her than it's to anyone else].

Iona also knows Mayu right? That's quite something...

I wonder what other secrets exist in this twisted game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Awesome episode. The build up was tense and we actually got a battle with real substance. Ulith is spoiler[a total psychopath] and Akira spoiler[has a total meltdown.] You know, I had always assumed Akira's scar spoiler[was put there with magic. Never expected some one actually attacked her.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Yep, Ulith is spoiler[a total psychopath that decided to avoid getting in trouble for harming prople on the outside by harming them on the inside]. Some hints were even that Ulith may spoiler[have driven some to suicide]. Iona can get the light from Ruko and reach level 5, so they can win. Good thing Ulith spoiler[cannot do the same], unless it can work spoiler[the other way around with darkness entering Tama]. Based on the preview spoiler[that is exactly what is going to happen].

Someone needs to help spoiler[Akira, as vain as she has been, she is clearly a victim of Ulith, and I would be afraid of her hurting herself.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Heh, and just when I thought the latest episode couldn't get any crazier after seeing spoiler[Dark Tama attack as well as Mayu's past. Akira lives up to her reputation again by stabbing Ulith with that pen. I wonder if she's dead though...]

Also at this point, what will happen to the Ryuko? spoiler[It doesn't look like Iona is going to get back any time right now after that brutal fight.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8, spoiler[Ulith was overly ecstatic hearing about another girl who had apparently hated people even MORE than she did that said girl created a way to actually hurt others for a practical eternity.
This series is now officially darker than Madoka as said "Real Villain" authentically just wanted every girl in the world that had a dream to suffer endlessly, and somehow found a way to do it. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Christ, this show. I guess the pen is mightier than the sword!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Christ, this show. I guess the pen is mightier than the sword!

You sir, are awesome.

Season 2, Episode 8

So we know everything now, the origins of how the selector battles started. I was wrong, spoiler[Iona is the dark girl, but Iona is not really her name, she is Kuro, the dark manifestation of Mayu that has jumped so many times it lost who she actually is]. I think something to be taken away is that spoiler[Shiro and Kuro were meant to bring hope and cause pain, but both ended up just wanting to play, kind of like May first thought of them].

spoiler[Dark Tama (aka Shiro)] was intense. And it was followed by spoiler[Akira stabbing Ulith], despite everything that was a new threshold. Although we would want spoiler[Ulith gone], we don't even know the spoiler[real Iona, we certainly don't want her killed if everyone can be returned to their bodies].

A lot of talking this episode, but we know the truth, and maybe how they win. They need to sespoiler[nd Shiro and Kuro back to Mayu, to learn from what they have seen]. Maybe spoiler[save Mayu as well by making her their friend], I wonder if it has something to do with the tower?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

Well, I was actually kinda looking forward to seeing spoiler[Chiyori to battle against Akira although that just won't happen huh?]

I feel bad for spoiler[Chiyori though since it looks like it would be her last fight with her LRIG partner. Damn. Next week seems like Aki will fight against Ulith? This is an interesting development of events..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

spoiler[Chiyori and Eldora]. I think that was one of the emotional parts in a while, I actually started to tear up when it started to spoiler[show how Chiyori meeting Eldora changed her. She looked quite similar to Hitoe, not quite a sociable person]. I think that maybe her spoiler[meeting Eldora had her feel a little special, she was able to express herself, be more outgoing. and above all I think she wanted friends]. Eldora spoiler[let them get beaten so Chiyori could continue to be that innocent and cheerful girl. Eldora not wanting Chiyori to have to hurt people], was rather sweet.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 10:
Good episode overall with the buildup.

I found Akira's reason for battling to be amusing this episode and also somewhat unexpected. I bet spoiler[Akira didn't expect herself to be overwhelmed by Ulith this episode either. Poor Tama though for getting involved with all of this...]

It doesn't surprise me about spoiler[Ruko's wish as well as Tama's desire to fulfill it given their personalities.]

Oh and welcome back spoiler[Iona, the real one. As for the one that is in LRIG mode, I think her new name "Yuki" fits well.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Changing a character's name this far in is going to be weird.]

Also, it's about time they confronted spoiler[Hanayo.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
spoiler[Changing a character's name this far in is going to be weird.]

Well I had been thinking it was strange to spoiler[have her still called Iona when we knew it was not her name]. Personally I am thrilled that we spoiler[met the real Iona, who looked like a pretty kind girl, plus the Lrig formally know as Iona getting her own name, Yuki]. I think it is cute.

All things considered, despite not much major happening, not even a game, I think that this was a really solid episode. Past episodes have really lead to things here. spoiler[Yuki has had us go from calls to want Tama back where Ru would just leave her in dark places, to her really being one of their friends. Yuki was just called black (kuro), but the whiteness of her new name (snow) kind of exemplifies the innocence in her]. Lets be honest, spoiler[Dark Tama] is cool to see, seeing spoiler[the innocent Tama turn is fun. Tama's insecurities of being bad and still wanting to help also keeps her character strong.]

If they plan on finishing this series this season, I am getting ready for it. Kind of sad it feels like certain characters are only just paying off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12