• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Adds Rayearth TV, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, Descendants of Darkness, IGPX, Lupin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Is Discotek's business model just picking dirt-cheap licenses that make people say "Hey, I've heard of that!"?

I feel like that better describes New Video. Discotek has grabbed some super obscure stuff in the past and usually does the best they can to make their releases contain all you could want.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:

Umm Peter Cullen did Narrate the openings and next episode titles.

well that didn't make sense at all. for one thing in the 90's he supposed to have retired after transformers ( cartoon series ) ended its run ( which what fans though its the reason why he never voiced as prime for the Armada,Energon & Cybertron anime series ) and no one heard from him since until 2007 when Michael Bay and Stephen Spielberg gave him a crapload of money to reprise his role as optimus prime for the movie. at least that what he said during the NY comic con when he appeared for the first time since those days of the transformers of the 80's. also if that was the case it would have shown those credit work on the ANN profile for his biography.

Just because a VA sound like the one you know of dont mean its them. I made that mistake twice when i mistook Micael Sloud as another alias that Johnnu Young Bosch used when funi premiered the voicework for toaru no majustu index. the same when i mistook Asia's VA an alias name for steaphnie seph during the premiere for high school dxd.

its as i said, just cause they sound alike dont exactly means its that particular VA that is doing the voice work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:22 am Reply with quote
Very excited about them licensing Rayearth! I've always wanted to see it, but never got round to buying it and the prices for the second season sets are pretty ridiculous.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
New English title for "Bank of Liberty" confirmed as "From Siberia With Love". Source!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4