• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: The Origin Casts Mayumi Tanaka as Casval/Young Char

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Yeah thanks and I agree with you.

Which is a darn shame since Burnett fit Sayla quite well in my opinion. As for Kopsa, he has gotten older, so he may not be able to do Char's voice again given the amount of time that's passed since the original airing on CN (thirteen years ago, wow).
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
I hope to see this on Crunchyroll, and I do agreed with jr0904, the chances of Michael Kopsa reprising his role as Char is very slim. Also I'm not sure if this will get dub or not.

It's already been said there will be a dub like with Unicorn.

I hope this leads up to Origin's manga actually being animated since this is mostly a prequel.

i dont see that happening. of course it will depend on whether or not this series does well considering the original gundam series never became that popular within the otaku community to begin with unlike the newer ones of the franchise ( Gundam G ,wing, seed, seed destiny & 00 )

Then again considering that other newer ones like AGE and Build Fighters haven't been dubbed at all and Unicorn was not only dubbed, but is very popular might squashed my theory as well about the origin manga getting an anime series though it will definitely have to have the same animation quality as unicorn to even stand a chance of being popular whether its in the sub or dub version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nickh46

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey all,

First post here, but am a big lurker for literally a decade.

I actually got in touch with Alania Burnett over Linkedin a few months ago, and told her about MSG: The Origin. She said she'll love to voice Sayla Mass again given the opportunity, she got a new agent and was looking to going back into voice acting. She also recently got married too.

It'll be really cool if it worked out. I also know that on the flip side, NYAV is New York and Los Angeles based, and they tend to keep all the VAs within the domestic US. So knowing the trend, the female lead of Sayla will probaly be Stephanie Sheh . . . again.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
nickh46 wrote:
I actually got in touch with Alania Burnett over Linkedin a few months ago, and told her about MSG: The Origin. She said she'll love to voice Sayla Mass again given the opportunity, she got a new agent and was looking to going back into voice acting. She also recently got married too.

Oh really? Well that's pretty cool. Nice work there. : )
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:13 am Reply with quote
nickh46 wrote:
Hey all,

First post here, but am a big lurker for literally a decade.

It'll be really cool if it worked out. I also know that on the flip side, NYAV is New York and Los Angeles based, and they tend to keep all the VAs within the domestic US. So knowing the trend, the female lead of Sayla will probaly be Stephanie Sheh . . . again.

Again? I'm afraid your inacurate about that. for what i know of seph never did voice work for sayla for any of the gundam series. for one thing when bandai was around they usually go to ocean studios for the TV series (0079 & Zeta ) and they use other studios like Animaze, Zero Limit Productions and NYAV for the OVAs ( 8th MS Team,0080,0083 & Unicorn ) so for that to happen is highly unlikely (unless she used an alias in those times which have been common )

the only voice she did for the entire gundam franchise was for meniva lao zabi for the unicorn OVA. However considering the current fate for the franchise as a whole in the US, if Right Stuff gets the license for the gundam franchise, i could possibly see her voicing as sayla for the origin series though the younger sayla. however if Viz Media gets the license , that would be out of the question cause knowing them , they would turn the voicing over to ocean since they known the franchise as a whole.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nickh46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
You misinterpreted my speech dude, when I meant "again" it's not as Sayla, but rather as the lead heroine role. She's Minerva of course, and she's also the new Sailor Moon.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
nickh46 wrote:

Oh really? Well that's pretty cool. Nice work there. : )

Sound like there's big hope. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2