• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu Animator Reprimanded by I.G for Indecent Comments, Images on Twitter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
(Keep in mind that I haven't seen the images)

While it might've been inappropriate to post those images on Tweeter (atleast under her real name), the reaction seems a little too harsh. When you get down to it, it's basically a fan art, made by a fan, for the fans.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:

Sorry tu burst your bubble. The worst are those moe-fanservice otaku. That is the worst crowd in this medium.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are pretty stupid.
Your comment is just an irrelevant biased opinion of yours, and damn is it a bad one.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
fujoshi sure are amazing

Damn right.
A male animator would never ever do such a despicable thing.
Before the internet explodes let it be known it was pure and simple sarcasm. Razz
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:

uh newsflash, moe/fanservice shows are intended to pander while sports series only gives out merchandise while the original source doesn't pander at all.

...and there's still less sports than the former but that's for another discussion

Precure is also targeted at young girls and has zero male targeted pandering in it BUT you will find heaps of male targeted erotic material for those shows!

It's not just fujoshi who co-opt shows for their own reasons.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

While it might've been inappropriate to post those images on Tweeter (atleast under her real name), the reaction seems a little too harsh. When you get down to it, it's basically a fan art, made by a fan, for the fans.

I'd say moreso that her comments against Kurobas was probably what led to the more severe punishment.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Precure is also targeted at young girls and has zero male targeted pandering in it BUT you will find heaps of male targeted erotic material for those shows!

It's not just fujoshi who co-opt shows for their own reasons.

i'm referring to shows like highschool dxd, k-on!!, high school of the dead, infinite stratos, kill la kill which are intended to serve.

Quote:
Personally think all sports anime that's not Eyeshield 21 or Slam Dunk is shit. Everything is pander .

lmao implying you know all sports anime are bad/pandering except for those two? that's very close minded
don't get me wrong, i love ES21 too but plenty of sports anime are as good as it.

Quote:

Links are on page 2 in this thread btw
yakisobapan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ameyadea
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 am Post subject:

But the problem is that it isn't fanart since she was an employee of the studio. And the main problem is that it affects the reputation of the IG because she's an official staff member, and I think I read something about her co-workers retweeting or liking those posts. And if so many people who're part of the staff spread that stuff it will cause a reaction in the fandom or maybe even a misunderstanding.

Although I think that what made IG furious was what she said about KnB, after all the third season will air in about a month, even translated to english it sounded extremely disrespectful.

And she was being really careless, saying that she lost her copy of the designs, but would rely on memory, that is unprofessional and sound like she'll do a half-assed work and adding what she said about not wanting to work on it anymore was sure unpolite, after all if she wished not to work on it anymore she would have simply gave her superiors a letter where she stated that, instead of posting it on twitter for the world to see.

I just hope that this wont disrupt I.G's work schedule or the release of a second season of HQ!!

Last edited by yakisobapan on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Deleted several posts for over-quoting.

Don't want your posts deleted?

Then don't over-quote.

Look at this post to see if you've made the The Wall of Shame.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote
I absolutely hate that.

The woman has done nothing wrong. There is nothing more appropriate than depicting characters she likes in sexual manner. It is perfectly moral all around.

Those fake prude "morals" that many have, especially in Japan, is appalling. I am waiting for the time when actually immoral deeds will be punished, not absolutely opposite, truly ethical acts like this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3