• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Nouveau Nova

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I'm pretty sure all the stages are from Sega games.

Really? So there won't be stages from the characters' actual stories or anything?
h8GWB

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
From your summary of the button system, "D.B. Fighting Climax" sounds like a robust, meatier "Aquapazza", with the crossover theme to boot. NOW I'm intrigued.

Actually, I was initially intrigued when I first saw it on AmiAmi, but was forced to dismiss it when I was reminded of how much I already preordered for December.
orZ

An inquiry for thought, (if I had formatted the phrase as a question): I wonder if this fighting system is either non-copyright or public domain, as I'm not aware of any connection between the developers of "Aquapazza" and "Fighting Climax".

Bear in mind, neither skill nor knowledge of fighting games are my forté.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
h8GWB wrote:
From your summary of the button system, "D.B. Fighting Climax" sounds like a robust, meatier "Aquapazza", with the crossover theme to boot. NOW I'm intrigued.

Which is funny, since what I've heard is that Aquapazza has more depth to it than Fighting Climax. Also, Aquapazza is a crossover, too.
toddc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
h8GWB wrote:

Which is funny, since what I've heard is that Aquapazza has more depth to it than Fighting Climax. Also, Aquapazza is a crossover, too.

Yep, Aquapazza is a good deal deeper than Fighting Climax, and I don't think Aquapazza was very expensive to license, as crossovers go.
h8GWB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
h8GWB wrote:
..."D.B. Fighting Climax" sounds like....."Aquapazza", with the crossover theme to boot.
NOW I'm intrigued.

...Also, Aquapazza is a crossover, too.

THANKS FOR THE REDUNDANCY; I KEEP FORGETTING THAT the characters in either game have nothing in common, other than their developer or publisher, respectively.

...Or maybe my command of English for conveying ideas isn't as strong as I thought.

Speaking of redundancy, despite a roster of ONLY 13 fighters and 13 support characters, why "Aquapazza" is considerted to have such depth is the general consensus that no two fighters play remotely alike.

I mean, seriously, like every time I change characters, I have to bring up the command list to remind me of my current selected's play style.

I've yet to see whether "Fighting Climax" holds the same variation with a larger cast...
...but I'd have to play it first.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
No mention of the zero-budget American Fist of the North Star film which, incredibly, features Malcolm McDowell for about five minutes?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
No mention of the zero-budget American Fist of the North Star film which, incredibly, features Malcolm McDowell for about five minutes?

I have forcibly removed it from my memory.

There's a pretty funny bit from an online review show, Classic Game Room, where the host compares the cover art to Last Battle and Ken's Rage. (Ken's Rage got a positive review, so there's that.)
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
You won't see May Kasahara dragon-punch Hikaru Genji off the screen.

I couldn't have picked a better time to start reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Incidentally, I now have my heart set on a 2D fighter that draws its entire roster from Murakami novels. A Sumire / Sheep Man team would be unstoppable.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool write up of Dengeki.

As for Phantasy Star, I keep having this love/hate relationship with how they are handling the franchise.

I still want a definite Phantasy Star 5 someday.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2