• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

I suppose this was a bit of a trace back considering it spoiler[highlights Shiroe's point of view and how he died fighting against the raid bosses. Three Raid Bosses at the same time is unfair though considering the way they destroyed the teams completely.]

On another interesting note, I find spoiler[Shiroe's real life perspective to be both interesting and gloomy. It's not exactly the best mood when you're alone and treated as a loner. I wonder if they will be able to take down those bosses though. It'll be one hell of a fight..]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Well, for back-tracking episodes this one was awesome. 50% raid and 50% intriguing backstory. I say it everytime but seeing the raid mechanics in action is just a great feeling of reminencse from playing vanilla WoW myself... Love it!

Seeing the raid party alter and adapt to the changes in the boss just shows how good a team they've got there. It was all looking so well until the spoiler[game decides to cheat and throw an extra 2 raid bosses in also. I'm guessing that they will have to concentrate on Lucien before breaking into 3 smaller groups to control the other two, whilst the rest literally nuke him down. Then take the other two, one at a time. It wouldn't surprise me if the fight has some more hidden surprises for the raid group too.]

They spoiler[re-used the 'Sea of Tranqulity' scene from earlier, but it tied in nicely so I didn't mind. Seeing real-life Shiroe was very interesting... I think we all guessed he was quiet, lonely person from the way he acts "in-game" and in a strange way, I think dying has a positive effect.]

As Michael Caine said in Batman Begins. "Why do we fall?... So that we can learn to pick ourselves up!" Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode

Everyone spoiler[falls down at one time or another]. They feel spoiler[like a failure, have trouble exposing themselves to other people, and feel unworthy of their trust]. Both Akatsuki and Shiroe spoiler[felt like that, someone who makes mistakes, but in the end they have to stand back up].

Echoing thoughts, for an episode that went back a bit and showed some of what we saw already, this was actually pretty good, I stayed interested.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Holy Crap, I'm paying attention to the opening, and there are so many spoilers...

I just want to note, that if you go back and look the first season did the same thing. I didn't notice some of them initially but on re-watch I saw that you get a bunch of key points in the OP sequence.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Dessa wrote:
Holy Crap, I'm paying attention to the opening, and there are so many spoilers...

I just want to note, that if you go back and look the first season did the same thing. I didn't notice some of them initially but on re-watch I saw that you get a bunch of key points in the OP sequence.

Oh, definitely. But, other than Rudy's death, this one spoils a lot more, I think. Especially with spoiler[Roe2], who we saw a couple glimpses of in this episode.

spoiler[Roe2] is gonna be really interesting, considering spoiler[she shouldn't be able to exist simultaneously with Shiroe].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Wow! Did this episode strike a chord or what?

It was such a strong emotional episode, especially if you're a gamer yourself. I really felt for spoiler[William and seeing his emotions pour out was so powerful. Even Shiroe questioned himself of being able to deliver a rally cry of this magnitude. 15%? I'd take that chance anyday of the week.]

This episode reminded me of Season 1 with words taking precedent over action and Log Horizon thrives on it. Next week looks like a right cracker of an episode and I can't wait to see how they spoiler[beat those three raid bosses.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Well spoiler[William] stole the spotlight for the latest episode, no doubt about that. We'll see the action return again soon though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Well, that definitely made it up for the lack of action from episode 10. I almost lost my breath watching that spoiler[raid with all the action going] on. And this time, spoiler[I gotta say the groups are doing much better.]

The PV involving spoiler[Shiroe looks kinda cryptic though with the dialogue so it'll be interesting to see the development from here.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Another great raiding episode! It's quite clear to see why Shiroe is the master tactician that everyone claims him to be. Even with sudden unexpected changes he's able to quickly calculate and turn the odds in his favour.

It was nice to see the members of spoiler[LH] using their new raiding gear that they obtained from beating the previous bosses. spoiler[Woo! <3 Tetra <3 is joining LH too.]

I admit is wasn't sure of spoiler[Demi-Demi's actions at first but after hopefully working it out between them/ admitting that they both dislike each other, Shiroe won't have that constant threat of being ganked.]

spoiler[So Shiroe, has made it to the central chamber. I wonder how Kujou will see things and if the Kunie clan makes the group fight that Final Fantasy looking raid boss.] Whatever happens, it'll definitely be interesting. Smile
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
*watches episode*

*gets impatient*

*rolls d20*

*critically fails*

Welp, failed my save role again... time to go read the LN!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 11

I had a strange thought in this episode, what if spoiler[Tetra was originally a guy]? It is just that I realised that spoiler[Tetra acts a lot like a guy who is roleplaying as a girl, it would explain why Tetra was made to be so much as an idol]. Not sure if I am saying right. spoiler[Tetra did not sound believable to me that a woman would quite so much try to become an idol in the game, while a man might be more likely].

Also, we got to see Demikas' wife, yay.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Dusky, as I know the answer to your spoilers, would you like me to PM you and let you know?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't need to know, I already feel quite happy of it as a theory. I had not brought it up till now but her character had been bothering me and I think that this solves the problem I had with an epiphany.

Also after posting I spoiler[kind of typed "tetra is a guy" into Google, where it then autocompleted the series name onto the end]. That does not quite prove anything, but I won't dig deeper.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:17 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 12:

I thought the latest episode was okay overall; a decent balance of info dump and comedy. The most important part is the introduction of the Plant spoiler[Hwyaden guild including some of its core members. It should be interesting to see some of their roles in this adaptation.]

Good to see spoiler[LH reunite now] and lol, Tetora is hyper as usual.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Excellent episode! It wrapped everything about the last arc up nicely and set us up for what is to come.

Shiroe's real intentions for why they needed all the money in the first place we're revealed and spoiler[Plant Hwyaden] was re-introduced. Talking of that guild, spoiler[Nureha looked locked away or depressed over Shiroe, and I'm guessing Inctis has taken charge...] Interesting.

Anyway.. spoiler[Tetra's a boy! While it makes perfect sense with the whole "I'm a galactic Idol" act, a part of me died a little, lol.] Poor Naotsugu.

Though my favourite scene was when spoiler[Demikas saw his name on the first raid clear] monolith. It brought a big smile to my face, so very nicely done!

Argh! spoiler[Valentine's Day next! I'm rooting for Akatsuki once more. Soujirou's face in the PV when spying on Tetra looked rather distraught. Also the end, "I'll try to rise up once more!" made me chuckle a bit... Oh Shiroe. Laughing]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 41 of 47