• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Aw, Amira calling Favaro "Fava" was pretty cute. And Kaisar spoiler[finally gets to be a knight again!] Seeing him so happy about it made me happy, too. I hope this doesn't put him out of most of the rest of the story, though (I don't think it will, but there's always a small chance...)

I wonder whether spoiler[there's any importance in which demon is Amira's father, or if it's only the fact that she is half-demon that's important. If we do find out the identity of her father, I'm betting on it being one of the two new demons we saw this episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Good episode overall. My favorite part would be spoiler[Favaro's speech about the will to go up against fate. A short but meaningful way to get his thoughts out.] This guy has become one of my favorite characters from the season now.

Anyways, spoiler[I'm curious to see what decision he has to make soon.]

And poor Jeanne...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
Lol at that odd little squeak Favaro made when the knights surrounded them. It was subbed as "Woah!" but I don't think it was really a word. Very Happy

After this episode, I'm more convinced than ever that Favaro's pendant is somehow related to the green jewel Amira wears.

Cool, Martinet was played by Kenjiro Tsuda (Vincent Bold from Space Bros). He has such an interesting voice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

An enchanted forest, this show always has such beautiful settings. I do think they could have done spoiler[the dragon] with a higher frame rate though. Also, the OP has become one of my favourites of the season, actually maybe even favourite show. I will feel a little sad if this is only 12 episodes.

My favourite part of the episode was when Favaro was complaining about being stuck with a kid. She could have been acting like this a lot before now, but never was it so obvious how much Amira is just a little girl in an adult body. It did not feel like they have just used it as an excuse for to act a little immature at times, she really had mannerisms of a kid. From spoiler[worried about not being recognised, calling the ancient tree dragon "geezer" needing to be corrected to be more polite, and bawling over the prospect of not seeing her mother], it just felt so kid like.

An adult woman spoiler[crying like that] would normally be thought as a little strange, but we know better. It even prompted the spoiler[normally cynical Favaro to do a hero speech], that was kind of cool. I was not a fan of him at the beginning of the series, but it feels like the different sides of Favaro are likable.

Oh, and who could have predicted that spoiler[Jeanne would be accused as a witch by the king to be burned at the stake]? Rolling Eyes You can check my posts from a few weeks back.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
King got deceived & Jeanne got set up.
That's gratitude for ya..
Now a dragon appears as well + every side is gathering an army.
Things aren't looking well at all.
Interesting times are ahead.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Seeing spoiler[Amira bawling like that] really drives home the fact that spoiler[she really is a small child in and adult's body.] Although honestly, were I in that same situation, I probably would, in fact, react in a similar fashion.

Since obviously Favaro will end up spoiler[deciding not to kill Amira], I rather look forward to whatever (most likely crazy and awesome) alternate method he comes up with for spoiler[stopping Bahamut.]

Jeanne...I'm pretty certain she won't spoiler[end up getting executed], but as for what will happen...I'm still not sure.

I always love the next episode previews for this show, with the conversations between the characters and their attempts at pronouncing the English of the episode titles (with varying degrees of success). Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Very intense episode. I feel bad for spoiler[Amira and Jeanne after what they have to deal with. Apparently, Amira was given false memories of her time with mother. Ugh, now that's just cruel.]

On the other hand, spoiler[Jeanne becomes a demon after being almost burned alive for being accused of a witch. I wonder how much her powers have developed now. And that ending doesn't look pleasant either for Favaro although I think he will retain his sanity.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Amira & guys looking for her mom.
spoiler[Jeanne] payed the ultimate price... poor girl.
Guess anyone would break and choose to live no matter what.
That king deserves everything bad to happen to him.
spoiler[Beelzebub] came from the shadows and took Satan's place.
spoiler[Amira finally got close to her mom just to lose everything again.]
Things are getting very interesting.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10: spoiler[Watching those evil demons, Big Red and Visual Kei Rocker guy, play innocent Amira like that was horrid. Then Visual Kei Rocker guy french kissed Favaro with demon poison! Meanwhile, Jeanne D'Arc *became* a demon (that was the stupid King's fault, as far as I'm concerned), and Rita is making a deal with a demon. We also met Masked Demon who gave Jeanne demon poison. So lots of demons this ep.] I really hope they're not planning on a downer ending. The show has been too much fluffy fun for an End of Evangelion apocalyptic mess of an ending!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

The preview Laughing, it apparently has spoiler[Martinet (crazy rocker demon) about to sing the ED song, Favaro and Kaisar freak out because they made eye contact]. After so much bad stuff going down it is good for a little comedy.

Everything looks bleak withspoiler[ Amira apparently just being a fake with falsified memories], as well as spoiler[Jeanne and Favaro turned into demons]. But I am hoping that one of those two will spoiler[not do what they expect and either Jeanne's faith will prevail, or if that faith was turned into loyalty, then Favaro's loyalty to only himself, or the pact with the tail will interfere]. I was actually wondering in the episode why Favaro was spoiler[suddenly deciding to think about the greater good in killing Amira, he has never worried about it before].

A problem with the reveal, didn't the spoiler[knight say that her mother had a baby, plus she was able to recall Amira's name? Clearly they wanted to make Amira hate the world, but can we trust everything they said]? spoiler[Amira hugging her mother] has to be one of the more powerful scenes from this series.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow, spoiler[Rita, Bacchus, and Azazel.] Now there's a combo I never expected, but I'm really looking forward to seeing where that story thread goes. And I couldn't help but laugh when spoiler[they ran over Azazel.] Laughing

I thought there might be a chance that spoiler[Jeanne would take the demons up on their offer], but I never would have guessed that spoiler[Favaro would undergo a forced demon transformation.] That combined with spoiler[what happens to Amira], and things have definitely taken a turn for the worse here.

DuskyPredator wrote:
A problem with the reveal, didn't the spoiler[knight say that her mother had a baby, plus she was able to recall Amira's name?]?

Didn't they say that spoiler[it was the pendant that contained the false memories? Since Lavalley also had a pendant, it's possible that they gave him false memories too, including the memory of getting the pendant from Amira's mother.] Don't know how to explain the spoiler[knowing Amira's name], though, maybe it's just because spoiler[everyone kept repeating it during the scene?]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Well, I'm glad to see spoiler[Jeanne come to her senses. Can't say the same for Favaro though by the events of the episode. I'm wondering how they are going to stop Bahamut now that is able to unleash its fury. I'm hoping Favaro will snap out of that soon.]

Hell, I'm even cheering for spoiler[Azazel to play a role here considering he is going against Beezlebub in this conflict now.]

Last edited by Stark700 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
@Stark700: It's episode 11, not 12.

spoiler[Damn, some epic looking fights!!
It was a pleasure to watch it.
Kaisar was lucky Bacchus saved his ass.
Jeanne got redeemed, but with a price for Michael.
At least she's back to normal now.
Beelzebub vs Azazel, nice.
Kaisar vs demon Favaro. That was just weird.
Great episode!]
A Mystery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11

W-we'll g-get another episode last week? That will be the final one?

Ahhhh that cliffhanger, I want to know what happens next!! It drives me nuts to have to wait another week. Of course they had to make almost everything take a turn for the worse spoiler[(except for Jeanne, who got a kiss, lucky her)]. I liked the grand scale and epicness in this episode. And of course, it didn't really occur to me a few episodes ago that spoiler[Lavalley would be the evil guy.] I'm too naive. Oops. Too bad that there was no real spoiler[Fava and Amira action (of course there wasn't but, I like them!),] hope they'll make up for that next episode.

I wouldn't want to be an angel in this series. Protecting that spoiler[barrier seems like a real chore and a boring one to boot. Imagine you have to do that job for years Shocked. They seem to be taking turns, but still.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
@Stark700: It's episode 11, not 12.

Oops, I forgot the show skipped a week. I edited it now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7