• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Sure you can say that Tomoyo has some similar characteristics and chemistry, but as we saw here Hatoko has a special part of him where she has helped him with something very important. I thought that it was quite cute how she was acting in this episode. Although chances are it won't happen. :sigh:

They certainly have a special relationship, it's just not necessarily romantic. I think this episode showed pretty clearly that typical "couply" things are unnatural for them. When you put that next to how naturally Tomoyo and Andou went through their date-like situation with no problems it's clear who's the better match.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Overall a fun show. However, I wish they adapted more of the action gimmicks. The slice of life bits were fine though and I enjoyed the majority of the comedy. Romance felt dense but I didn't expect that much from there.

spoiler[Andou's Dark & Dark] is awesome though from this episode. It's almost like an Amaterasu...

Thanks Trigger. Rating this as good. Not a blockbuster of the Fall but definitely had fun to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it was pretty good overall. I'd definitely watch a 2nd season and check out the novels if they get translated.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I thought that the spoiler[recommendation of a light novel that was mostly a slice of life] might have been a reference to this series. As it was this episode was more on the action side and such, but it was spoiler[not a standard action fight that solved everything]. Andou's full power spoiler[harms himself as well and can't be put out, he tricked the person into stealing his power to force them into releasing Mirei]. It is actually kind of freaky and tough that spoiler[they have to actually remove his arm to stop it, and was upsetting them all to have to see it].

It has been an interesting series, the premise itself was curious, although one would question if they wanted more to see the more straight forward fantasy side, which almost came out of nowhere. But really this series might count more as the standard romance side of lots of girls interested in one guy, even if there were kernels of self awareness. I rate it Decent overall, it did not really have anything really great about it, and the fantasy side almost came out of nowhere. I liked some of the characters, Hatoko's rant was practically an amazing scene, was great awareness. Scratch my previous rating, I am going with Good rating.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Apart from one episode, I've really enjoyed this series. The characters were all very much likable and fun, whilst the premise was interesting enough to keep me involved.

I'm going to rate this series with Excellent. I'm hoping that there will be another season somewhere down the line as it has great promise with this so called 'Fairy War' thing going on.

Things I'd personally improve/ add:

1) Much more Mirei! Seriously, she's an extremely cute and likable character who is involved in some of the best episodes of this series. Coincidence... I think not!

2) The Fairy war! The underlying plot is there, we just need to actually care about it. Give us a reason to... It was explained in the worst episode of the season (imo), so now build on it. Involve Andou's rogue group by having Chifuyu captured for example. Once again, give us a reason to care about it.

3) More Action! Okay, the lack of action didn't particular bother me but the opening video does look rather cool when they're using their superpowers. I guess this point coincides with point 2, since there would be more fights if they were to get involved with the Fairy War.

4) Again, more Mirei! See point one.

I'm also with Vaisaga, that I'd definitely read the Light Novels if they were to ever be translated.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 12

Apart from one episode, I've really enjoyed this series.

Agreed

Quote:
Things I'd personally improve/ add:

1) Much more Mirei! Seriously, she's an extremely cute and likable character who is involved in some of the best episodes of this series. Coincidence... I think not!

This person knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
4) Again, more Mirei! See point one.

I'm also with Vaisaga, that I'd definitely read the Light Novels if they were to ever be translated.

The truth was spoken here today
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
What a waste.

This anime has the cutest leading characters, especially the main hero (the only one who can be considered as cute in personality this season is red haired protagonist of Fate Stay Night Ultimate), but authors did not do much with them at all -- besides making cliche harem/dating show.

There were couple of intriguing episodes where "fairy war" was explored, and they have shown that this project could have been much more interesting.

But as it is now, no wonder that the average rating for this show is only "Decent".
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:

But as it is now, no wonder that the average rating for this show is only "Decent".

a small sample size probably doesn't help. not gonna get a really accurate score from only 26 out of a minimum of 20,000 people.

though, not like it really means anything significant, regardless of what ranking system you use

Last edited by getchman on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
While it did, indeed, turn out to be a harem show (and really, who is surprised by that, especially given the closer?), I found it to be a strongly above-average one. In fact, it barely missed being in my Top 5 overall for the year and would easily make the cut for Top 10. I thought they did some great things with the characters and their interactions.

I do agree that they could have done more with the Fairy War bit, but the series did also emphasize that that element was entirely peripheral to the Literature club and so its lack of elaboration is not all that big of a deal.

I had enough of a good time with this series, and thought that it was done well enough, that I am giving it an Excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree that the characters in this show were great. You could just feel how much the literature club members cared for one another. I really felt like I was watching a group of good friends (who happen to also have superpowers) hang out with each other.

The only thing I can really think of that I would have liked the series to have done differently would be using their powers more. And I don't mean for actual battles, like what Tomoyo's brother's group is doing, or even for mock battles like what Chifuyu and Hatoko did in the first episode. I mean more for just really mundane things. Like when Sayumi uses her powers to clean their clothes, or they played that cosplay game using Chifuyu's powers. I dunno, I just really like the idea of "yeah, we got these totally awesome and powerful super abilities...and now we're used to them so we're just going to use them to do normal stuff."

Well, that and it ended without really concluding...I know that this is to be expected, since most anime is based off of ongoing manga/light novels, but it still felt a lot less like an ending than what most of the anime I've seen get.

But those two things aside, I really did enjoy this show a lot. I know everyone always says this about the shows they like, but I would definitely like to see more, not so much because I'd like to see a more conclusive ending, but because I truly grew to love these characters.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have any idea who the girl is next to Sagami in the end credit?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Probably a character who shows up later in the light novels. It's pretty common to see such characters at the end of adaptations like that.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I finally got caught up and finished this series (I'd gotten stopped at episode 7), and while I enjoyed it, it felt like a spin-off of a series about the Fairy War, not a stand-alone series.

I'm hoping someone picks up the LN, because I'm assuming that the LN go much more into the overall story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9