• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
My BGC made it as well!
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:24 am Reply with quote
Not anime, but I figure it'll get noticed more here. A little over one day left to fund Tezuka's Ludwig B on KS.

Last edited by GATSU on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
lem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
just received this update
KICKSTARTER wrote:

Season’s greetings
Posted by Studio TRIGGER

Happy holiday seasons and best wishes for the upcoming new year!

At last the physical production for Little Witch Academia 2 (LWA2, title pending) has started in the studio! It is a great pleasure to see Akko and her friends receive the chance to be animated once again. Of course, this would not have been possible without the support of Kick Starter, and most importantly our fans! I would like to once again say my thanks to all of our supporters on behalf of TRIGGER.

In our previous update, we have announced that we have finally came up with a scenario that we are happy to work with. Today I would like to update our backers that our director Yoh Yoshinari is just about finishing up on drawing up the storyboard for our new episode! If all goes well, we should have a completed storyboard by this weekend! Below is couple of image from the previous LWA’s storyboard. As much as we would like to show the current storyboard, we have concluded that it is best to not spoil the story.

With the storyboard just a moment away from completion, the studio is making final preparation to animating the project! Just a night ago, we had our first Saku-uchi (industry lingo for animator’s meeting with the director to get consensus with each other.) At the current rate of process, we are hoping to finish the project around May 2015. Still a long way to go, but we will do our best to keep our backers informed with the latest information regarding LWA2!

For starters, we would like to start the year by sending out our first bunch of surveys for the rewards! While the shipping date is still pending at the moment, we would like to start early to make sure that the rewards will safely arrive to your doorsteps.

We also have a small holiday gift from TRIGGER! We have made the first episode of Little Witch Academia available once again on Youtube for a limited time (roughly 24 hours) for everyone to enjoy! (you can access the stream from the link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBlqxEIJ_Cg

Again, a thanks to all of our supporters, and a Happy new year from TRIGGER!

Producer of Little Witch Academia 2
Naoko Tsutsumi
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Pretty upset I funded Santa Company and should have got a download link but never did (and yes I checked my junk mail and deleted messages before anyone asks)

I already contacted the creator and no response. I know NY holiday is starting in Japan soon so I don't expect to get a response then but it seems unfair I didn't get what I paid for. And even if I do it will be late.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Anime Sols has posted Dororo episodes 9-13, completing the run of episodes paid up from the first funding drive.

The second and final drive for Dororo is currently at $480 out of $2700.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
BGC again:

Quote:
I thought it would be a good idea to take some time and write about what went right -- and wrong -- with the project. Overall, it's been a great experience for me, but there is always room for improvement.

But before that, some housekeeping and a humble request...

"Aieee! I haven't gotten my set!"

Well, first of all, in the immortal words of Douglas Adams, "Don't Panic". No matter what, you are going to get your set.

Don't get too concerned if the tracking on your package doesn't seem to update, in particular for international packages. We've had more than a few cases where the tracking got "stuck" and the package turned up in the mailbox -- sometimes without being marked as "delivered".

Conversely, we've also had some cases where a package was marked "delivered" but there was nothing in the mailbox... and then it turned up a few days later. We're not quite sure what's happening here, but it may be that in these cases, "delivered" really means "delivered from customs to the post office for delivery". We have dispatched some of our Shipping Ninja to investigate, but they are encountering heavy resistance...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIj0Qq0c14o&t=0m41s

Here's what I advise:

US: If you haven't gotten your package by January 2nd, or if the package tracking says "delivered" and it doesn't arrive by the following day, contact your local Post Office and inquire. If you haven't gotten your package (or an update as to what happened) within a week of that inquiry, let me know and I'll send you another one.

International: If you haven't gotten your package by January 9th, or if the package tracking says "delivered" and it doesn't arrive within 3-4 days, contact your local Post Office and inquire. If you haven't gotten your package (or an update as to what happened) within a week of that inquiry, let me know and I'll send you another one. If the tracking says the package is being returned to sender, then when it comes back I'll contact you to reconfirm your address info and resend it.
Current Leader in the "Most Messed Up Return" Contest Current Leader in the "Most Messed Up Return" Contest

A Humble Request

As most of you know, I developed a custom logistics system for managing this Kickstarter. I have now unleashed BackerSupport on an unsuspecting world using a "pay what you think it's worth" model, in the hopes that other KickStarter creators will find it useful.

The hard part, of course, is making them aware it even exists, which is where you come in. Many of you are active in the KickStarter community, so I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to tell the creators of the other projects you've backed about it. You can point them to http://www.backersupport.com/ for more information.

Oh, and I second the Dororo thing. Please fund the show. If you have to wait 'til next month, or something, fine. But don't leave it hanging, when it's getting good.

P.S. Amazing 3 made it to $1,280. So if you want the rest of the chunk of show, then only about $1,400 to go.
Adamanto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
In Anime Sols news:

Gordian set 1: $424 / $2,700
Dororo set 2: $694 / $2,700
Amazing 3 set 1: $1,284 / $2,700

These are all shows that have a realistic chance of making it. If you have any interest in ether, please consider tossing some money towards them.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:01 am Reply with quote
Under The Dog posted an update that CIA has resigned from the project as producer. Installed as the new producer is Koji Morimoto of Aurora, and formerly Bandai Visual. I am very worried about the future direction of this project.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
What Adamanto said and from Anime Sols themselves:
Quote:
We have check disks for all remaining sets, including the fixed Black Jack set 2! Time to run them through all devices on hand...
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quote
And we've got another DMP Tezuka Kickstarter! This time for Alabaster! I am very excited for this as it has evil Rock Holmes, Rock being my favorite Tezuka character! Now to decide what to get...

Edit, I went for the Ami set, I kind of do want the bookmarks and the digital companion and I did get a good amount of bonus pay. I don't plan to go all out of every Tezuka Kickstarter (I'll mostly go for the minimum), but on ones with Rock? I'm likely to go higher (even more so if Rock had been the main and there were merch of him)

Oh, and for people who missed the Anime New Nina Kickstater, you can now buy it over at RightStuf! Though the price is higher than it was for the Kickstarter (to be expected, really)
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and Dororo still ain't done. Two thousand bucks, even, to go.
F-Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Oh, and Dororo still ain't done. Two thousand bucks, even, to go.

Which only takes a few seconds to get when it's for a manga Kickstarter. *sigh*
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
Adamanto wrote:
These are all shows that have a realistic chance of making it. If you have any interest in ether, please consider tossing some money towards them.

They only have that realistic chance because they have no definite end date for pledging, otherwise they'd have all failed if given a month or two.
Adamanto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Adamanto wrote:

They only have that realistic chance because they have no definite end date for pledging, otherwise they'd have all failed if given a month or two.

Not necessarily. All the DVD sets that reached their goal got around 70% of their pledges during the last few days before the end date. If there's a cutoff date, people know it's either "pledge this instant" or "don't pledge at all".
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
That's only for the sets that made it, the ones people cared about because they had long-established fanbases. Remember that most of those shows being offered came nowhere near getting funded. Kindaichi was just up for half a year, and it failed spectacularly. Maybe I shouldn't have said all of these stream-pledges would have failed, Dororo seems to be the one choice show here, so that had a chance, the others would have been highly unlikely. Then again, with the pledge goal being so low, it's much easier to fund $2,700 over $18,000.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 30