• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you playing right now? Why?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTJB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Hard to say if one "plays" a visual novel, but I went through Voices From The Sea. Has a lot of nice charm and a good amount of humor too. Worth checking out.

http://www.zeiva.net/games/voices_online.html
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Been playing Pokémon Black and loving it. I'm enjoying it much more than Diamond/Pearl. The only thing I found interesting about those games was Cyrus.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
I'm making a few new Pokemon for my Ruby game that I shall be getting on Friday (namely, a Croagunk, because I love my current Toxicroak and wanted another, and a Sableye).

So, I'm breeding Sableye, right? And omfg, I hatch a shiny! Then I go look at the ability... freakin' STALL, as in, only Truant is more useless of an ability. I was so unbelievably pissed (more so as it was guaranteed to have 4, possibly 5 perfect IVs). I needed Prankster, man, obviously! I could've dealt with Keen Eye to have an awesome shiny Sableye, but uh, Stall? Nope, not using it.
videocaddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I am just playing my all time favorite NFS Most wanted.. Razz Yeah, its too old now, but still i have the licensed version of it and I love to play it with that 15 Car Racers.. lol.

amazing game truly
vickyjohn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Currently playing

Elsword India
Plants vs zombies 2
Gta 4
HunterOfTheDark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:23 am Reply with quote
Currently playing

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Persona 4: Golden
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Master Quest)
Pokemon X
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Gravity Rush
Final Fantasy X/X-2
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 am Reply with quote
I am so addicted to Fantasy Life right now, it's not even funny. If Eterian Odyssey really is similar, I'll be head hunting that one next as this is just time wasting awesomeness! I love games where I can just mess around for hours on end and not bother with the story and just try and muss with things however I want. Now I need to convince all my friends to buy it so we can go venturing together!
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm addicted to The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 sisters generation, I love these games so much!
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually playing The Banner Saga. It's very nice, the decisions are tough and there's this constant feeling of dread that someone's going to end up dead because of a bad decision. There are a ton of decisions to make and I'm like panicking with each one thinking: "What should I do? What should I do?". The combat is pretty simple, but still requires a degree of strategy. It looks beautiful too, a bit like an old disney film or something.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't have much time for gaming anymore. I have an Xbox One and a PC. I want the PS4 one of these days for the eventual large JRPG library.

Right now I am still playing through GTA V on the XBOne and Tera Rising on PC.

I have a few others games I dabble in from time to time, but nothing really substantial at this time.

I really miss playing the Disgaea series, but my Ps3 isn't even hooked up right now.
DTJB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Training for Combo Breaker this May so I'm trying to put a lot of time into Ultra SF4 (not enough experience to be considered good yet) and KOF XIII (haven't touched this one in AGES, ugh). Here's hoping I'm not 0-2.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
Taking it slow, I have just started to take on Hard level in Project Diva F 2nd .
Normal difficulty in this game is like hard mode in the original Project Diva.
I guess I have been trained to play, I cleared the first 10 songs on Hard on the first try before falling just short on Miracle Paint.

Looking forward to the Persona rhythm game.
Welkin Gunther

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
True Crime: New York City and it is awesome with a better trailer than it's predecessor, Streets of LA.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I'm actually playing The Banner Saga. It's very nice, the decisions are tough and there's this constant feeling of dread that someone's going to end up dead because of a bad decision. There are a ton of decisions to make and I'm like panicking with each one thinking: "What should I do? What should I do?". The combat is pretty simple, but still requires a degree of strategy. It looks beautiful too, a bit like an old disney film or something.
I actually started playing that on my iPad. It was really good but it started getting buggy after I updated my iOS. I think there is a psn port coming, so I think I'm going to wait for that.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
^I bought it on Steam since it was on sale. Didn't encounter any bugs. Was a good time and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I'll probably replay it at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 17