• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Beobachter--

About your marital status: You may have married when you were too young..... I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Beobachter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, appreciate that. Best advice I can give for soon-to-be married people: always, always, get a damn prenup no matter how awesome you think your relationship is. People change all the time.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The best advice that I can give is to go through premarital counseling. I'm speaking from experience (both mine, and others).
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Name: Lynzee Lamb (for now)

Sex: Femme

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: Engaged (previously divorced)

Ethnicity: White, 1/8 German

Religion:Atheist that wants to believe in magic

Pets: One cat, a tortoise point Siamese named Isidore.

Drink/Smoke: Drinks, smokes socially (it's legal in my state)

Likes: Fashion, my cat, my kid, my significant other, cross-stitching, breakfast foods

Dislikes: Mean people, pants

Favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, Death Parade, Flowers of Evil

Favorite Manga: Sailor Moon, Citrus, Monster, No Longer Human, Barbara

Favorite Books: Horror classics like Dracula, Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, also The Ring, American Psycho.

Favorite game: Ocarina of Time, FFVII, Pokemon Series, Ace Attorney series.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Bob's Burgers, The Fall, Parks & Rec, Peaky Blinders, Orange is the New Black

Favorite Drink: White Russian, Bloody Mary

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Vanilla Coke Zero, Coffee

Favorite Foods: All the Indian food, Nachos, Unagi, any/all breakfast foods

Favorite Sites: ANN, Twitter, ModCloth

Favorite Sport (to watch): Tennis, college football

Favorite Sport (to play): Which way is up? I'm too clumsy for sports.

Favorite Music: I like some mainstream pop, folk music, and classic rock.

Job: Anime News Network Interest Editor

Hobbies: Buying clothes. Circling things in decorating magazines. Petting my cat. Cross-stitching.

Fun facts about Lynzee:
Lynzee will eat almost anything once, within reason.
Lynzee's best trait is being "resourceful"
Lynzee can read in her dreams
Lynzee has been employed since she was 15: as a receptionist at a Kung Fu Academy, a legal secretary, a grocery clerk, and as a news editor.

Favorite Quotes: "Don't be a defeatist Dear, it's terribly middle-class." -Downton Abbey
"I only go out to get a fresh appetite for being alone." — Lord Byron

Pictures:
Check my Twitter~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:26 am Reply with quote
I'm BodaciousSpacePirate - although that's not my real name, thankfully - and I've been using this site for a few years, but somehow I've never managed to make an account until now. I guess that's the Internet version of "long time listener, first time caller."

There's a lot of categories here... it's the middle of the night here, so I'm not going to fill all of them in right now.

I'm in my 30s, and I've been watching anime at least half my life. I'm a grad student, finishing up my dissertation on a topic related to extracurricular literacy. I've discovered that whenever anyone says they study extracurricular literacy, it means they write papers about fanfiction stories or Magic: the Gathering cards. Live your dreams, kids.

Like a lot of anime fans my age, I got into anime during Toonami's Sailor Moon-Dragonball Z-Gundam Wing era. There was a store in the local mall that imported stuff from Japan, and I bought a 1/100 scale Turn A Gundam model kit, which I thought was the coolest looking thing ever. It's sitting on the top of one of my bookcases right now, right behind a Master Grade RX-178... and if your reaction to that is "Titans colors or AEUG colors?" then congratulations, you know more about Gundam than anyone I've ever met outside of an anime convention. Since then, I've accumulated a lot of Gundam models... I know "a lot of Gundam models" means different things to different people, so I'll just say that I have over 30 SD Gundams and leave it at that.

I actually like Gundam models way more than I like Gundam anime.

Here's a 5 x 3 grid of some of my favorite anime, in no particular order:

For those playing the home game,
TOP: Maria Watches Over Us, Evangelion, Simoun, Penguindrum, Gatchaman CROWDS
MIDDLE: Lesbian-Bear Storm, Simoun, Serial Experiments Lain, Chuunis, World Conquest
BOTTOM: Dear Brother, Amagami SS, Cromartie High School, Bodacious Space Pirates, Utena

Shows come and go, stars burn out and fade away, but Neon Genesis Evangelion will always be the "best" anime I've ever seen, and Maria Watches Over Us will always be my "favorite" anime show. I don't know how many times I've seen every episode of Maria Watches Over Us, but it's got to be at least eight.

My favorite movie is L'Avventura, my favorite book is House of Leaves, my favorite manga is Clover, and my favorite short story is "The Dandelion Girl", which unfortunately most people only know as "that story about seeing a rabbit from Clannad" or "that story about seeing a rabbit from Portal 2." It's also referenced in RahXephon, but that show doesn't exist.

My favorite color is orange, my favorite Show by Rock! character is Cyan, and I refuse to pay Sanrio 200 dollars for a Cyan figure, so I guess I'll never own one.

That's enough for now.
Set1229

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I have not been on in quite a while, so I shall introduce myself.

I am Set1229 (bonus points if you get the reference). I am 23, I love to make puns, a sucker for cute things that are not eroticised. I sometimes compete in speedruns and points runs in older video games. I shall note that I have trouble recognizing sarcasm and I'm not quick to trust people, but I try to be polite as often as possible.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
Welcome, welcome to octodpie, BodaciousSpacePirate and Set1129! Though nobody of you is really new, but that just means chances are higher that you'll stay Cool

@octopodpie: Are you able to use the Community Forum as well? And will you marry soon? Hope you'll have a lovely wedding.
Ooh and I love the Dowager. She has the best lines in Downton.

@Bodacious (or would you rather like to be called 'Pirate' or even 'Captain'? BSP? Spacey Wink?): I first watched DBZ on Cartoon Network, but mainly discovered anime through Toonami as well. Our tastes are now very different though.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Been around these parts a while, but now that I am a subscriber, thought posting in this thread was in order...

Name: William Joseph DeRemer, but everyone just calls me Bill.

Blood Type: unknown.

Sex: Male

Nationality/Ethnicity: Well, I am adopted, so my heritage by adoption is German, Irish and a few other things sprinkled in. I do not know my birth heritage, nor have I been interested in finding out.

Marital Status: Single, never married.

Age: 38 (at the time of original post. Some people know my B-date)

Profession: Currently unemployed, but soon to change. Most recent job was consumer care for a major candy manufacturer, which I did for 9 years prior to getting downsized last November.

Religion: Christian.

Drink/Smoke: Do not drink or smoke.

Likes: Anime, manga & J-Pop, surfing the web, photography, technology, martial arts films (such as those of Bruce Lee, Chow Yun-Fat, Jet Li and Jackie Chan), collecting DVDs/Blu-rays, stand-up comedy, visiting New York City (have friends there and always just enjoy 'the city' itself).

Dislikes: Chores, driving long distances, traffic.

Favorite food: Italian food is a big favorite, but I do like other food as well (too tired to think of them right now).

Favorite drink: Mountain Dew when having a soft drink, iced tea when not. I do not care for coffee. Enjoy hot chocolate in the winter.

Family: Mother & father, along with their dog, cat & bunny.

Favorite sport: NFL Footrball (lifelong, die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan...bring on the trash talk, I've heard it all LOL), baseball (Phillies in MLB and the Lehigh Valley IronPigs in the minor leagues), UFC and (I know the following is not a sport, but this is the best place I could see to place this) WWE & Impact professional wrestling. Used to be bigger into NASCAR, but that is just something i keep tabs on in the background now...

Favorite Music: Listen to most every genre, from bubblegum pop, to rap (grew up in the 80's & early 90's, when rap took off and was still good), to rock, to metal, to J-Pop... .at time of posting, have been more into hard rock, metal and the like than anything else for American music, but with J-Pop/anime music, will listen to more varieties... only things I really don't listen to is classical and most country (I do like SOME country songs, though, I have to admit).

Favorite anime: This is by NO means a complete list, just a few off the top of my head... mainly the things I find myself actually watching more than once. Ranma ½ (the thing that turned me from 'casual fan' into a lifelong hardcore one), Sailor Moon, Lucky Star, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-On!, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Love Live! School Idol Project, Project A-Ko, Azumanga Daioh, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (it would appear that Slice of Life is my favorte genre at present...)

Favorite non-anime television shows: Don't watch much TV any more, but current ones I like include Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Bar Rescue, Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares (love Gordon Ramsay), Deadliest Catch, Simpsons, American Dad, NCIS, Law & Order: SVU...

Favorite movies: SPACEBALLS is my number one, bar none favorite movie, and I am not ashamed to say it, nor ashamed to be able to quote most of it. Also like Enter the Dragon (RIP Bruce Lee), Full Metal Jacket, Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians, Jurassic Park, Fast and Furious, Tommy Boy, Bad Boys/Bad Boys II, Rush Hour 1-3, etc.

Favorite video games: I no longer game (except occasionally on my DS Lite or my Android phone, my last actual console was the PS2), but when I did last do so regularly, I played Twisted Metal Black, Crazy Taxi, Burnout, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, and the WWE wrestling games. I love football, too, but always SUCKED at Madden NFL games LOL. Also, I LOVED the Lunar games (Lunar: Silver Star Story & Lunar: Eternal Blue) as localized for the PS1 by Working Designs back in the day...

Attend anime cons?: Yes, I have been to several (Katsucon 5 was my first, then Otakon 1999-2007, Otakon 2009, New York Anime Festivel 2007-2009, New York Anime festival/New York Comic Con 2010), and while I haven't been to one since due to issues, I hope to get to Otakon 2017 (first year in new digs in Washington DC) if not also Otakon 2016.

Photos of me: Not gonna happen...only people who know me personally know what I look like, and we'll keep it that way for now LOL...
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
Hey wmderemer! There is also an intro page in the Community area; there are a few of us who are Professional Wrestling fans and discuss said shows in the Sports thread... we class it as a sport Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I guess I should express a bit more about myself.

Birthday is 12-29.

I like to speedrun 2D video games, a big fan of ancient religion/mythology, a love of bad puns. I often have difficulty getting my point across.

As for anime, I am actually very picky, as the only reason I avoid many popular ones is due to some of them having themes I am not fond of. Ecchi and devouring souls to the point of not existing, being two of them (looking at you Bleach and Shana).

The list of ones that will always hold a special place in my heart are Cardcaptor Sakura, Key The Metal Idol, Sailor Moon, Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Saber Marionette J, Rozen Maiden and Lost Universe.
Fledge S. Rondo

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
I'm Fledge, an old-school anime and video game fan. Just chiming in to say hello and cheers!
guildmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
Randamo--
  1. Welcome to the fora! Cool
  2. I just love Sergio Leone's introductory shots to Once Upon a Time In the West. Have you seen that movie?

Not Randame, but I've seen it. I like Sergio Leone's 2nd movie in this trilogy better; Once upon a Time, the Revolution, AKA A Fistful of Dynamite or (Duck You sucker) better. Mr Leone had some interesting film style.
WickedHate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Hello, ANN~! I'm the lovely WickedHate. I don't know how much I'll post around here but I'd like to try.

Profession: As NEET as they come. I'd make a joke about wanting to get paid in watching anime, but I'm terrible at that too.
Religion: Complicated! "Paganish" is good enough simplification.
Likes: Stories, action, friends, tumblr, social justice, sleeping.
Dislikes: Bad people, houses full of insects, having a body I have to maintain and take care of constantly.
Favorite food: Cheese sticks
Favorite drink: Blue Coconut Slushie
Favorite anime: Too hard to choose.

Last edited by WickedHate on Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total
lynn p.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Name: You can probably take a look at my username and figure it out.

Sex: I have boobs.

Blood Type:I have no sweet clue, I don't remember the last time I even had a blood test/blood work done.. -w-

Marital Status: Single *cries*

Age: 21 {Allowing people to figure out your date of birth is never a good idea. ~nobahn}

Ethnicity: all I know is I have Bermudan, German, and Scottish in my blood.

Religion: Atheist. But I do wonder if there might be something greater than all of us I just can't put faith into something uncertain.

Pets: Two pain in the ass cats. One is my moms cat Pouncer, the other is my cat Tigger.

Drink/Smoke: I love to drink if I had money I would totally have vodka and kalua in the house all the time.

Likes: Re-watching gundam seed + gundam seed destiny (I swear i've watched it so many times even back to back, that it must be drilled into my brain. I know what happens in every episode but I just love it so much QwQ) I also love play mmorpg's as well as console rpg's for the ps1 & 2 (I'm old school okay? Sad ) As for anime, the genre's I try to stick to are military/mech/war/survival horror/survival game for horror stuff I like more of corpse party and another themed. Not totally disgusting like I've heard Elfen Lied is yeah yeah I know corpse party is *kinda* really gross but it was tollerable. (I'm squeemish) I also love the old school pokemon games like fire red and sapphire for gameboy advance and sp. (I happen to have an sp and emerald, though I want to trade for sapphire!)

Dislikes: Loud noisy people, people who tick me off, and just in general not-so-nice-people.

Favourite anime: Gundam seed + Destiny, Bleach (before they went all screwy with the plot they seriously need to trim the story down to just the main plot..just like they did with fma and naruto as well, if I'm not mistaken) I also have a deep love for Death note; nostalgia for sailor moon and cardcaptors QwQ oh shit! and how can I forget .hack gu trilogy movie and appleseed, and .hack roots.. I.. I should stop there before my whole entry turns into anime that I have some degree of liking-of.

Favorite Manga: DN, Gundam Seed

Favorite Books: George orwells 1984

Favorite game: for ps1:Hardcore 4x4 (such a cheesy game but I play just to get a chuckle.) Spyro trilogy, Echo night (give this a try if you like games like myst but solving murders as well), for ps2: Star ocean, .Hack GU trilogy games (Man I WANT the first and 3rd game so bad) and Dynasty warriors gundam 2 (I love being able to pilot the freedom and smash up other mobile suits wheee~!)

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Family guy, Frasier, The Big Bang Theory, Ghost Whisperer, Agatha Christies Hercule Poirot movies, Criminal Minds, CSI Miami Thats all I can think of right now.. OH! and The lion king 1 &2, Mulan, Brother Bear.

Favorite Drink: White Russian.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Shirly temple, cream soda, grape pop, a&w brand root beer, orange juice

Favorite Foods: pizza, garlic fingers, chinese food, mac n cheese, cordon bleu, french fries and a burger, caesar salad (hold the cru tons and bacon bits, bacon and potato patties, dQ blizzards and ice cream cake, Ice cream sandwiches, lasagna. etc, etc,

Favorite Sites: Facebook, Ryuanime.com, Animefreak.tv, Pinterest, and ofc ANN. I'm sure there's more but for now..

Favorite Sport (to watch): I'd have to say... none. well, maybe nascar..(I kinda hate sports)

Favorite Sport (to play):badminton, basketball.

Favorite Music: I kinda listen to everything expect for country, blues, folk, soul, r&b. I usually listen to japanese music be it j-pop/j-rock or vocaloid/utauloid.

Job: unemployed currently.

Hobbies: cross stitching, plushie making, watching anime, eating (huhuuu), shopping for anime stuff and buying it Very Happy

Facts about Lynn:
Lynn is incredibly awkward socially and because of that hasn't many friends (but wants to make some!) >w<"
Lynn has been described as being kawaii ..oke..Embarassed

Favorite Quotes:

Rau Le Creuset from Gundam Seed Destiny: "It's as if we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths before us; we choose a path, then we proceed. People like you walk your paths, believing that something you desire is waiting for you... I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there.."

Kira Yamato: "If you just did nothing, because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change, and nothing would end."

Gilbert Durandal "Is it possible I would have found the thing I most desired, along a path I didn't choose?" Rau: "If you start thinking like, you'll run out of time my friend." "a path not chosen is the same as a path that never existed." "If only I'd done this, if only I'd done that, No matter how much we look at the past, we can never go back; We cannot change what has already happened." Durandal: "Is there no hope?" Rau: "But then, what is hope? That all of your wishes and all of your dreams come true; to have your prayers answered; to turn back time because things weren't supposed to happen like that. Could you say with absolute certainty that you wouldn't make the same mistakes again? Who decided all this, and what's been decided?" Durandal: "Then I will change everything. If we cannot go back then we will create the right path to start with. What we can do, what we should do, what we have to do."

Cagalli "The hardest battle is to keep living."

Pictures: no pic fo you. :c

Last edited by lynn p. on Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynn p.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Drizzy_Dan wrote:

Favorite Foods: Mozzarella sticks. Classic.

I love mozzarella sticks too.. anything cheese for that matter.

Set1229 wrote:
I guess I should express a bit more about myself.

Birthday is 12-29.

I like to speedrun 2D video games, a big fan of ancient religion/mythology, a love of bad puns. I often have difficulty getting my point across.

As for anime, I am actually very picky, as the only reason I avoid many popular ones is due to some of them having themes I am not fond of. Ecchi and devouring souls to the point of not existing, being two of them (looking at you Bleach and Shana).

The list of ones that will always hold a special place in my heart are Cardcaptor Sakura, Key The Metal Idol, Sailor Moon, Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Saber Marionette J, Rozen Maiden and Lost Universe.

Aw, I happen to love bleach and shana >w< and you're another fan of cheese sticks. woot. On another note, my uncle makes bad puns all the time when I go see him -w- I happen to make a few myself from time to time. real groaners lol

[Edit]: merged your posts. (And welcome to ANN, lynn p.) Errinundra.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 215 of 233