• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
My friend he was at Otakon several years ago and popped into a video room. Not sure which year, sadly, or if it was a sub or dub room, but he only remembers that the society in the series decided to re-build their society inside of a possibly active volcano. And they brought all their animals and stuff with them. The volcano had me interested, but we have no idea what the series is.
pibburns

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
My friend he was at Otakon several years ago and popped into a video room. Not sure which year, sadly, or if it was a sub or dub room, but he only remembers that the society in the series decided to re-build their society inside of a possibly active volcano. And they brought all their animals and stuff with them. The volcano had me interested, but we have no idea what the series is.

Villains seemed to like living in volcanos in a number of the old Giant Robot series. Steel Jeeg comes to mind (sadly never given an English release as far as I know), or Great Mazinger. Then there are the occasional Western cartoons that use this idea, such as the insanely violent Superjail! (with nested volcanos). I'd be interested in knowing the identity of the anime you saw as well, it sounds interesting, particularly if it's not the baddies inhabiting the volcano.
YugiohOVA

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

Does anyone remember had or having a pre-release rental VHS version of the English dubbed Fist of the North Star Movie with all gore scenes uncensored. I know that some anime fans in this forum might not believe me what I say. I also wanted to know if any collector has the 35mm print of Streamline dubbed version of the Fist of the North Star Movie with gore scenes uncensored? Many fans still believe that 35mm uncut prints were destroyed in the fire and the semi-uncensored Italian VHS copies are the closets they'll ever see on the web, but I don't think it's true. There may be some of the remaining 35mm prints somewhere... Does anyone know? Thanks!

Last edited by YugiohOVA on Thu May 07, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaz89

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
Hi, I have an anime(not sure if that's a series or a movie) that I watched long time ago and trying to recall what it was call.

The thing I remember from that anime is
• The main character is a school girl
• She is wear some monster headgear on her head (her friends as well)
• She fight some other monster with the help of her headgear
• The anime is something call (x) angel or angel (x)

I am sorry if my clue is bad..but that's all I can remember. I did try to google, and go through all the anime list with the word Angel in it but have no luck.

Hopefully someone could help out.

Thank you everyone in advance![/list]
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
jaz89 wrote:

The thing I remember from that anime is
• The main character is a school girl
• She is wear some monster headgear on her head (her friends as well)
• She fight some other monster with the help of her headgear
• The anime is something call (x) angel or angel (x)

This sounds like Alien Nine, which doesn't have Angel in the title in either English or Japanese. Central Park Media released the English language version The anime played on Comcast as I recall, as part of its On Demand service,
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I think that's Alien 9 as well.

...man, that was a strange one. lol
eltodesukane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
How to change or delete the chapter's annotations (or whatever it is called?) on a video file, as seen here in VLC?
Some inappropriate annotations are on some of my video files.
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
If it's an mkv you can use a program like MKV Toolnix to split all the various parts and extract the chapter file yourself, which can then be edited in notepad. Would assume the same method would work for avi and mp4 files. I'll be honest, I haven't used VLC in many years so am unsure if there's a faster method.

Fansubs are frowned upon in the forums, not sure how much mileage you'll get out of this thread. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
eltodesukane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I will try MKV Toolnix. (It is an .mkv file)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
[Edit]: deleted for lack of relevance. Errinundra.
Shenanigans

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
Help! I'm looking for an anime, +Mafia The Brigade of Knowledge Seekers: Shadow of the Librarian. I've seen some pics around and cant seem to find any info on this. Any help would be great.
Sebasfac

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Hi. I am trying to identify an anime that i saw in late 90's or early 2000's. I am searching it for years :/
It is an anime in space, with some good guys vs bad guys where the good guys were always in bad shape or had to survive an epic not favorable war. And i remember they were jumping from planet to planet doing something :s
I would be so happy if someone could identify Smile
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:07 pm Reply with quote
That's probably too vague a description to get a correct answer. Did you see it on TV? If so, what country, what channel? R1 disks? Was it a current anime at the time, or older? Can you remember any visual cues from the show? (Were they wearing uniforms that you can describe? Were there transforming mecha, were both groups human?) Anything specific from the story that you can remember aside from the overarching plot line?

Space Runaway Ideon immediately comes to mind from your description, but I think we are going to need more information.
Sebasfac

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
That's probably too vague a description to get a correct answer. Did you see it on TV? If so, what country, what channel? R1 disks? Was it a current anime at the time, or older? Can you remember any visual cues from the show? (Were they wearing uniforms that you can describe? Were there transforming mecha, were both groups human?) Anything specific from the story that you can remember aside from the overarching plot line?

Space Runaway Ideon immediately comes to mind from your description, but I think we are going to need more information.

Yes i saw it on tv in portugal. Don t remember the channel. But the head of the evil guys had maybe a deathstar or a big black ship. And i think they were destroying planets...and maybe life within the planets?Don t remember any mecha...or robots I'm sorry, i'm doing the best i can to remember.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote
#838418 wrote:
It is an anime in space, with some good guys vs bad guys where the good guys were always in bad shape or had to survive an epic not favorable war. And i remember they were jumping from planet to planet doing something

The planet to planet destruction part makes me think of Space Battleship Yamato aka Star Blazers. That's probably not it, but have a look at the artwork and see if it rings any bells. Since what you provided describes a lot of series, without more to go on, it will probably be impossible to pin it down. :/

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Thu May 21, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 502 of 569