• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
The wonderful return of Non Non Biyori also known as Non Non Biyori Repeat.

Ah that was a relaxing watch seeing Renge go to school again with her handy backpack. Overall, this is exactly what I wanted and expected. There seems to be a lack of nyanpasu though. Still great show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The phone gag gave me a good chuckle.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

I liked the part where Natsumi said that no idiot has fallen through the floor, followed by a focus on her brother which we know will fall through the floor. So calming, and it is not Non Non Biyori until we have those wonderful pauses where you just soak up the situation.

The episode at least was a prequel to the first season in seeing Renge start school, the childlike wonder is something else. We saw Hikage leave for Tokyo, and the episode ended with Renge playing with her recorder, exactly the sort of way the first series started when she introduced "Nyanpasu".

With the name I can see that this might just be a repeat of the same year of the first year, that is that the brother will still be at the school. Not sure what to think.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Renge carried the first season and it looks like she'll carry this season too. Which is fine, since as we all know she is easily the best part of the show. The entire first episode of this season being devoted to her is Silver Link's way of acknowledging that.

DuskyPredator wrote:
With the name I can see that this might just be a repeat of the same year of the first year, that is that the brother will still be at the school. Not sure what to think.

Hidamari Sketch did the same thing, where season two took place concurrently with season one in terms of chronological order. Slice-of-life moe shows aren't plot-heavy - they mostly rely on atmosphere, comedy and cuteness - so airing episodes out of order isn't really a problem.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
You don't have to worry, this episode was a flashback, the timeline will continue where it ended in the OVA in the coming episodes.

Renge and Komari are also by far the most popular girls, so no wonder Ren-chon focus was heavy.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
that was adorable. I'm glad this has returned
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
So despite my complaint with the first season, I still decided to give this a shot. It's still as relaxing as it was before.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

Wonderful episode yet again. It had the comedy with the pen/ruler game and then a bit of anxiety at night with the kids. And another highlight of the episode is the return of ...Nyanpasu!

Loved it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Yep, that is the good stuff. What I particularly liked in the episode was seeing Hotaru get upset like you would expect for someone her age in getting lost.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
What I particularly liked in the episode was seeing Hotaru get upset like you would expect for someone her age in getting lost.

Yep, that was the segment I liked the most for different reasons, we get to see Komari muster all her (inner) strength to look cool to her dear Kohai, it is very subtle but it shows us how Hotaru starts to fall head over hills for her senpa.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I said this last season:

Vaisaga wrote:
I know I'm probably alone in this, but I don't really like Hotaru's feelings for Komari. It started off Takanashi-like, where Hotaru just found her adorable, but within the same episode it was shown to suddenly be a full blown crush. Where was the escalation and events that cause it? Jumping from "She's adorable" to "I want her babies!" in a few minutes is too drastic.

I'm glad they're filling the in gaps here.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Even though they are young and are kids, studying is still important. Loved this week's episode and especially Renge as usual in the second half Smile Now this scene though...
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
As usual, Ren-chon is ultra adorable and steals the episode . . . and my heart. No, not in that way, ya creeps. Get your mind out of the gutter. Jeesh.

I hope we see Candy Store soon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Natsumi: 'Our teacher does not look she tries hard, and she is a working adult.'
*Teacher looking like a complete idiot*
Natsumi: 'I am going to try hard.'

Timing really is the mastery of this series.

I don't know what "whoof" means, but it had me laughing hardily.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
*Teacher looking like a complete idiot*
Natsumi: 'I am going to try hard.'

Well whatever works of course. I think she was doing it just to amuse Renge who she obviously cares about a great deal.

I wonder why we never see Kazuho ever actually teaching. She sleeps, administers tests, does the field trips, and hands out workbooks. She has five students -- one of which is borderline special-needs (Natsumi). With a class size like that even an average teacher would be spending time with each one and it would be possible to turn in 100 tests all the time from all of them even Natsumi. Note to Key: you're a teacher right? What do you think?

Also, why did Renge have to take a make-up exam if she got a 100 the first time?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 15