• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aoharu x Machinegun (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Seems a little odd that we have skipped past her having to pay back so now it is her own choice. I would have liked to seen a bit, but I don't mind moving plot forward if it would just be the expected battle of being guilt into playing. The school scene was funny.

Was thinking the guy was good for being a gentleman, but at the end he looks like one of the d-bags that picked on Yukimura. His personality changed suddenly, but he did not seem bad, and he seemed to realise Hotaru is a girl.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
Debt paid, but...
Looks like Hotaru liked survival games a bit too much!
She's totally hooked now ^^
Gun shopping time!
Yukimura was fun to watch.
Watching Hotaru choose a new gun was nice.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quote
So, can anyone tell me if this anime is 'safe' for me to watch, being a hardcore airsofter. I've learned from past experience that watching anime about your hobbies that aren't associated with anime is kind of like watching the movie when your a fan of the book, and you have to wonder if anyone on the production team has ever played the game they try to represent. Anyone familiar with airsoft have any insight into whether this show has any of those sorts of moments.
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
So, can anyone tell me if this anime is 'safe' for me to watch, being a hardcore airsofter. I've learned from past experience that watching anime about your hobbies that aren't associated with anime is kind of like watching the movie when your a fan of the book, and you have to wonder if anyone on the production team has ever played the game they try to represent. Anyone familiar with airsoft have any insight into whether this show has any of those sorts of moments.

My older brother used to be a die hard airsofter before and after the marines. He doesn't really watch these kinds of animes. He's more into the ecchi animes. Rolling Eyes

I only know a little bit about airsoft gun tournaments and games but, given the cultural differences (between Americans and Japanese) and similarities to team play, I'd say it has less airsoft moments and more dramatic/tense moments.

I know my older brother wouldn't be able to completely embrace what the female main character brings to the table as far as personality and overall morals but I'm sure he may get a kick out of the comedy and action. Some parts of the anime I'm just thinking "I would have just shot him while he was mouthing off and then laughed my ass off." Twisted Evil

That's just my opinion. Are you worried it'll ruin your anime feels? Cool I can completely understand how you feel that way after seeing how some of the "general" seinen audience thinks of dominatrix and sadists (Prison School). Evil or Very Mad It's just like Hollywood movies. They don't always get it right. Even if they do in general, some parts are just completely exaggerated.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:30 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Tachibana sucks as a marksman.
Her strong suit is bloodlust.
Yukimura is just so weird..
His personality switches are frequent and erratic.
Tachibana got put in her place at that training session.
She still needs to learn a lot.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:51 am Reply with quote
Wow, Tachibana was being more than a bit arrogant. I can't think of too often you get a female character like that, being so defiant of "teamwork", especially someone so justice focused. Well it opens up for growth, if a character does not get any it can be boring.

Having to sit out of a game can be frustrating.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So he really does have a no girl policy for the team, suddenly makes keeping her gender a secret a good idea. I think there is a good explanation that he does not want to see a girl be tormented, such harassment is something that happens in things. But also it is a little selfish, Tachibana shows that girls can be tough, just as Yukimura shows that guys can be sensitive to bullying.

There is a topic in here about gender expectations or something, but as a male I cannot say too much on it personally.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
Thrown off the team.
That hurt on so many levels..
More about Yukimura and Matsuoka.
Joining the opposite team made Tachibana see her mistakes.
Toy Gun team whole again and training hard!
Matsuoka was especially hot this time ^^
No girls on team policy got explained.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

The way this show tries to "raise the stakes" with being ridiculously dramatic over stupid game is embarrassing; face-palm experience.

(No, the game is not actually "stupid", of course; it was a figure of speech.)

Otherwise this show is interesting for being a specific theme project, which is a rarity. I have not seen paint-ball show yet.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Tachibana wants to stay on the team badly.
Seems like she found new motivation!
TGC field test.
The atmosphere was heavy..
That tutor was super scary.
Midori... the source of all evil.
Poor Masamune was scared shitless.
Damn, they have to face him in the first round.
Talk about bad luck!]
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
That orgasmic "death cry" LOL! AHAHAHA this might not be yaoi but DAMN I'm loving every minute of it! Twisted Evil The best part is the ikemen is an manly and arrogant uke. Very Happy KYAAAAAAA!!! Not to mention that KABEDON! AMIGAWD!!!! Oh and of course his muscles. Twisted Evil

I just saw episode 6; My yaoi fan girl glasses have completely fogged up. Twisted Evil After the spoiler[water] gun scene of the two on one spoiler[crotch finale] and the spoiler[obsessive Midori] ex-boyfriend vs. new, sadistic spoiler[mangaka] boyfriend being possessive of the manly uke. Twisted Evil

And that finger tip physical contact from Midori! BEST ANIME YET EVER!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

A couple action movies came to mind with scenes:

Shoot her, Shoot her!

Mini-gun in a jungle

And there are probably a number of movies that have crossed dual pistols, but Equilibrium usually comes to mind. Although the different coloured guns makes me think of Devil May Cry.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

At first I did not notice it, but then I understood that the scene before main lass "kills" main lad might be sexually suggesting. I am not judging at all, it is fun to learn to "see" things this way -- whether they are intentional or not (if yes, then I am proud for authors: good job).

I hate smoking: it kills countless people, and it is disgusting. I dream of day when Japan will mature enough to ban it at least in anime, manga and other productions for children.

I wish authors would not go with drama, because it is as fake as ever. With how it is written, there is no way to make genuine drama out of this; just laughable; main lad character has become unreal. Authors would better make this show goofy and upbeat, without trying to go serious.

On game play: it is poorly written show:

1) idea to use something else other than camouflage by teams is nonsensical;

2) the lass from evil team has seen sunlight reflection in the greenery where lad with glasses was aiming his modified Dragunov rifle at them. This is ridiculous, because snipers position themselves in in greenery in a way when leaves cover aim's optics, so it would not have glare/patch of light;

3) when lad with glasses analyses from where the lass from evil team could target him, he mentions possibility of glare/patch of light, what makes no sense since it is nearly opposite side from his position, and sun can not shine simultaneously from nearly opposing directions;

4) of course, no one ever uses ludicrous double gun cross-hands pose;

5) players never engage in petty talks before "killing" opponent;

6) walking with multi-barrel gun in the woods is a joke.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

This is getting more and more intense now. I'm starting to like this show from the follow up last time especially with the thrilling feel of the gun battles. Both sides of the team show their skills and there's an intimidating presence among some players.

Matsuoka vs Midori was also quite entertaining.

I hope the show can keep up this momentum. Wasn't too into the series from the beginning but now it has more of my attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
That was pretty brutal. I was disappointed that she let them trap her like that though. So much for justice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3