• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: A Bride's Story GN 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
Yai, Bride's Story~~!

Personally this is the weakest volume because, although it is still charming and beautifully drawn, not only it's for the most part comedy and nothing else (one of the most fascinating parts is when you actually see culture. Lots and lots of culture~~), but after a while seeing the twins causing problems in town wears out its welcome. Also, completely identical twins is too weird, they almost look photocopies (but nop, each one is a different drawing). But it's still good and enjoyable. Also, this:

It's curious too that Smith barely has relation with them, he's just doing his own thing and the camera goes somewhere else, but I don't mind, you can argue he had too much last time, and it's cool to see these new characters interacting on their own lives without being in service of the stranger gaze.

Also, it's always funny to me because it happens in Aral Sea, when it was still so fertile. It's never clear the exact year they live in (19th century, but that's about it) but let's just hope the twins and family don't live long enough to suffer the big pollution Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Carlooo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:27 am Reply with quote
Great review, but Kaoru Mori is a woman, and she's referred to as a man in the review.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Kaoru Mori's artwork is always gorgeous to look at! Smile

This is being released here in Finland too, though we're up to volume 7 already...
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Kaoru Mori's artwork is always gorgeous to look at! Smile

This is being released here in Finland too, though we're up to volume 7 already...

Is there much of a market for manga translated into Finnish?
thecritter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Volume 6 was released through Amazon last October, and Vol. 7 will be released Nov. 2015, more than a year later.

Looking through the review, I don't see any reference to Mrs. Mori's gender? Was it corrected?
ShaolinWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:53 am Reply with quote
thecritter wrote:
Volume 6 was released through Amazon last October, and Vol. 7 will be released Nov. 2015, more than a year later.

Japan had more than a one year gap between Volume 6 and 7, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1