• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, July 27-August 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
On the other hand, good job SNAFU! Give me that 3rd season now. They basically ended in the middle of a scene. Mad

From what I've gathered, they stopped it around the begging of the 9th volume of the LN series.

No, no, the first season adapted 6 novels (skipping a bunch of content) and the second season adapted 5 novels (skipping a little less content), and the 11th novel was released just as the anime was adapting it. There's no content for a third season just yet.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
But, hey, if they don't end up making a 3rd season, at least I can get the LNs. So happy they got licensed!

Same! This may be my first LN purchase. It's awesome that we seem to be getting a lot more of them licensed these days. Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I'm going to pre-order it as soon as the listing is made online. I did that with Kizumonogatari! Laughing

So, I've already purchase my first LN, even though it comes out in November (barring delays, sorry...couldn't help myself). And, SNAFU may not even be my 2nd...as I'm eying off One Peace Books' release of The Rising of the Shield Hero.

I've yet to decide if I really want to delve into the Shield Hero series...

killjoy_the wrote:
No, no, the first season adapted 6 novels (skipping a bunch of content) and the second season adapted 5 novels (skipping a little less content), and the 11th novel was released just as the anime was adapting it. There's no content for a third season just yet.

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

Any idea how much of the 11th novel was adapted? And, I do wonder how many novels the series will run for. We may not end up getting enough material for a 3rd season, if the novel series wraps up soon. Though, I've be happy with OVAs...

Even though I'm definitely in for the LN releases in English, I'd also like to see the end of the series animated.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Any idea how much of the 11th novel was adapted? And, I do wonder how many novels the series will run for. We may not end up getting enough material for a 3rd season, if the novel series wraps up soon. Though, I've be happy with OVAs...

Even though I'm definitely in for the LN releases in English, I'd also like to see the end of the series animated.

According to the fan translator, the whole thing was adapted, but in ususal OreGairu fashion lots was cut. I think the series has enough steam to keep going for at least a third season. It has the numbers backing it up, too, so the author won't have to end it prematurely.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:34 am Reply with quote
Wait, so the anime had the same ending as the novel? Wow, didn't expect that!

Fingers crossed that the series is able to go on longer, and that we get more material and a third anime season. Oh, and that there are no delays to planned future novels.

It's selfish of me, but I hope that the writer is planning to end the series in the next couple of years. Looks like they usually do 3 a year. 6 more volumes in the next 2 years to wrap it up...will probably be enough for a 3rd season too. Laughing

Now to wait for the English novel release next year...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2