• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Podcastoes O'Brien

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Great interview I didn't know that Liam O'Brien was the voice of Garara and Tenma. I loved Monster along with Death Note, Ghost in the Shell. Very Happy
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Great interview. While he's not quite as big as Troy Baker, Liam O'Brien is definitely more prevalent in mainstream stuff these days than he is in anime. So it's nice to hear him address his anime roles and hear about the circumstances which have brought about this change.

I'm actually glad he is not as big as Troy Baker. In my opinion, Baker is overexposed and overused nowadays, along with Laura Bailey, when it comes to dubbing in video games and such. Interesting considering both got their start in anime dubs.

I love that Liam is so passionate about these roles and dubbing as a whole. Smile
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
deathfromabove1993 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
The bubble burst they are referring to, is that the time when a lot of dubbing studios started shutting down?

No, I think they meant the shutdown of various anime licensors (Geneon, Bandai, ADV, etc.).

Yeah licenses, I forgot they are separate companies.

To be fair though, licensing companies routinely used the same few studios, so the bubble bursting definitely impacted those studios, as well. Many had to downsize already small staffs or find alternatives to recording anime. A while back on this podcast Jonathan Klein of New Generation mentioned that they were fortunate enough to have already started working in video games well ahead of when Geneon went under, and ultimately ended up turning down some shows because Geneon couldn't afford to pay for a dub that was up to New Generation's usual standards.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
The comment about Zac living in Arizona as a king is somewhat true. That is, he was born in Tucson and has/still does have family there.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
So, wait, the Guillermo del Toro Monster is definitely not happening?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:08 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
So, wait, the Guillermo del Toro Monster is definitely not happening?

Well, it could be just stuck in development limbo. This is one reason why many people are hesitant that Hollywood makes these live-action anime titles: they often get stuck in development limbo.
Maur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Hey Zac,

I don't know if anyone has ever asked this, but would it be possible to get ANNCast also uploaded on to Stitcher? For those of us who don't use Apple. TY.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2