• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This was an amazing episode, but man, I got scared for Akihiro there. Please don't kill him off, he's way too cool lol. Amida and co. are pretty nasty pilots, different ballgame compared to the Gjallahorn fights.

Turbine's a bit sleazy, but even he was appalled at those kids having undergone the Alaya Vijnana operation, so he's got morals. It was interesting to see Orga prioritise Mika's feelings and refused to surrender to Turbine because of it.

I was a bit confused at the part where Shino took Yamagi's hand and he appeared to be slightly hesitant/startled.

Last edited by Souther on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Me too. But it looked to me like maybe his arms are prosthetic, so maybe people have avoided touching him and he was surprised that Shino didn't hesitate. Or maybe that was just the design on his sleeves and it's something else.
Souther

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I went back and noticed both his arms were completely grey. Very strange, I could've sworn they were skin-toned before.

Mika's still incredibly scary. Got the chills when he had that same murder stare from before when he was choking out Galieo, and was about to finish that pilot off. That kid doesn't **** about.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling that Turbine wasn't going to be set up as a villain for this series. At least not for now, but I'm hoping that he and his group will be allies for the remainder of the series.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Me too. But it looked to me like maybe his arms are prosthetic, so maybe people have avoided touching him and he was surprised that Shino didn't hesitate. Or maybe that was just the design on his sleeves and it's something else.

I think its just the designs on the sleeves. It looks like he's wearing the same kind of suit that Eugene is wearing when he's sitting at the captain's chair.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

What I find amusing his how Naze describes his own crew. What a lucky guy with his "harem" and apparently, the girls are alright with it. The episode felt kinda slow but it's nice to see more of bromance between Mika/Orga. I found it neat that Arca also seems to get well with kids and she's like a big sister to them.

I'm really starting to like the Turbines this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
There is some logic to why Naze has a harem crew, it ensures that since everyone is literally family there should never be any traitors on board.

This also gives some reasoning for why Naze is sympathetic to Orga's cause, "liquidating the company" was never an option as both crews are more than just a group of mercenaries to there respective commanders.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Hmm, another slowed pacing and chill episode. For their journey on Earth, I like how they build up the anticipation for Aina's decision as well as that little ceremony they had. I think Turbines is really starting to earn their new allies' trust and respect now.

Also, not sure if Fumitan is trustworthy..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 9:

Also, not sure if Fumitan is trustworthy..

It is a nice display with the matching pendant that she feels regret that her actions are somehow betraying Kudelia's trust and just as well the story isn't spilling the details on WHAT that betrayal entails, yet.

It is also interesting that Kudelia is informed that even if her task is successful, it simply may lead rise to turmoil in other forms for the Martian denizens.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
There is some logic to why Naze has a harem crew, it ensures that since everyone is literally family there should never be any traitors on board.

Only if he keeps them all happy. He's walking a tightrope there. Smile
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
This was a very nice episode. Orga's doubts, fears and feelings about the Tekkadan are coming out these last couple of episodes (there was a hint of this when he talked about his admiration for Mika and how Orga felt he needed to be strong in front of him) and he's not as confident as he first appeared to be. It was hilarious to see the guy getting wasted and chucking his guts up. Wanna know more about Merribit (spelling?).

Kudelia's constantly felt regret about having people's deaths on her hands and using the Tekkadan. Now she realises she can't avoid that if she wants to fight for Mars. Having Mika not giving his input was a good idea; the decision's her own, and a sign of her strengthening resolve.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

The teasing about Orga's thoughts for women made me lol a bit this episode. Who knows though? Maybe he'll grow to like Merribit in a way later.

Interesting to see the background story about Akihiro and Atra this episode. I wonder if we will see more of these flashbacks with some of the other prominent Tekkadan members. Action starting to pick up again~
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
The show is really setting up the targets with the lower rung characters of Tekkadan and wants the audience to have the feelz when they do finally getting around to offing someone.

That said, the Atra backstory is that she REALLY wanted to live, in that manner her back story is a mirror of Kudelia where only recently Kudelia has learned she might need a spine to live in this world, Atra had already climbed her way out of a personal hell and even the often cold Mikazuki could respect someone actually trying to survive in place of begging for hand outs.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Lol Brewers, I thought that name sounds like something from a bar.

The action was solid and poor Takaki. I think the moment Akihiro realizes that Masahiro is alive awakened some tragic memories between the both of them. Interesting to see more family members on the Gjallarhorn's side. Almiria is a cutie. Somehow, I found that ending for this week's episode to be funny.

The Kudal guy gives me some bad vibes though. Based on his action so far he is a cruel pilot.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Well there goes Masahiro ....and pretty sure he's dead with the title of next week's episode. The action was nice but I really hope they give Aina a more credible role in future episodes. Mika is still impressive as ever in combat.

Kudal has became one of my least favorite characters in this series now although I wouldn't be too surprised if there are others like him later on in the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 13