• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Anime's English Dub to Premiere on US TV Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
My apologies if this counts as "necroing" I dont have much forum experience and a review will probably be on the main page this week so I'll probably repost this there but just incase this is the only thread here I go!

I got my copy of the S1 standard edition, the S2 Premium edition and the OST soundtrack on Friday and after spending the entire weekend watching both seasons dub and I must say that NISA did an absolutely outstanding job with the dub especially since I watched the Japanese movie import w/subs right after since it'll be awhile until the movie releases in NA. The English VA do an amazing job and NISA really captured the spirit of the jpn VA counterpart in the dub.

Marieve Herington as Honoka: This is the first time hearing this particular VA as it seems she has very few roles and is new but she captures Honoka's bubbly energy perfectly!

Cristina Vee as Kotori: I admit I was curious about this as I love Vee but I'm so used to hearing Vee voice more deeper sounding roles like Homura and really haven't heard much of her "Cutesy" voice but she completely nails Kotori and makes her just as adorable!

Kira Buckland as Umi: Kira has tons of range since she can go from a completely cutesy voice of Honoka from Dead or Alive 5 and a more lower tone of Umi. She completely nails Umi as well and does a wonderful job of giving life to Umi when she's embarrased/shocked etc...

Xanthe Huynh as Hanayo: I admit Hanayo is one of my least favorite characters and as a fan of Xanthe I had originally wished she voiced Honoka or another character I liked more but she did a fantastic job as Hanayo and perfecly captured her "whiny at times" nature, after hearing her as Hanayo I couldn't think of a more perfect fit then her.

Erica Mendez as Nico: This one I have to give a huge round of applause to NISA she was done perfectly. The many times I hear Erica say Nico's catchphrase "Nico Nico Ni!" I had to switch back and forth to the jpn and english audio because of how perfect and identical she voiced it! Amazing job.

Laura Post as Nozomi: Just like with Honoka's VA I admit that I haven't heard much of her before the LL dub (she seems to have more roles then Marieve though) but she did a wonderful job as Nozomi and seems to have captured her "Nozomi tone" for a complete lack of better term haha

Erica Lindbeck as Eli: Same situation with Nozomi/Honoka's VA where I haven't heard much of her outside of this dub but she did a wonderful job as Eli aswell!

Faye Mata as Rin: Out of all the English VA she seems to have the absolute least amount of roles and a new VA and this is the first time hearing her but she did a wonderful job as Rin. Similar to Nico's "Nico Nico Ni" I applaud NISA for doing a fantastic job on Rin's "Nya's" they really captured her energetic personalty and did a great job at the various tones Rin has during the series.

Lastly we have Caitlin Glass as Maki: I've greatly enjoyed her many roles from other animes but I think she does yet another great job as Maki and pulls off her "tsundere" side well, great casting choice!

Of course all the above is just my opinion, and while LL may be my favorite anime and as a dub fan I was excited for it getting dubbed NISA went above an beyond my expectations with this dub and I can't imagine ever watching it in any other way in the future. Thank you for such a wonderful dub/release NISA and can't wait to watch the movie with this wonderful cast once that's released stateside Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6