• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Crate's 'Doki Doki Crate' Ships With Bootleg Items; Company Responds

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
this is one thing they should have had QA'd before shipping. Doesn't sound like they did.

Did you read the same article?

"We were sent samples that were of pristine quality and were reassured that the items were indeed licensed and completely authentic"

Yes we did. They were sent samples of what the finished product would look like for approval, but that is not the same as doing a QA sampling of the actual product that is ready for shipping. Yeah, it might cost a bit more to have an independent contractor to conduct a sampling QA prior to shipping, but I guess you have to balance that with the losses you are going to suffer when your product is discovered to be made up of forgeries.

Last edited by TarsTarkas on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
They were sent samples of what the finished product would look like for approval, but that is not the same as doing a Q&A sampling of the actual product that is ready for shipping. Yeah, it might cost a bit more to have an independent contractor to conduct a sampling Q&A prior to shipping, but I guess you have to balance that with the losses you are going to suffer when your product is discovered to be made up of forgeries.

What kinds of questions would you ask the merch, and what answers would be satisfactory?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
They were sent samples of what the finished product would look like for approval, but that is not the same as doing a QA sampling of the actual product that is ready for shipping. Yeah, it might cost a bit more to have an independent contractor to conduct a sampling QA prior to shipping, but I guess you have to balance that with the losses you are going to suffer when your product is discovered to be made up of forgeries.

What kinds of questions would you ask the merch, and what answers would be satisfactory?

It is not a matter of asking questions, but rather visual inspection.

If Japan Crate does their own shipping, they should conduct a random sampling visual inspection of the finished boxes, prior to its release for shipping.

If Japan Crate contracts out packaging and shipping, then a Japan Crate representative or an independent contractor should conduct that random sampling visual inspection.

Last edited by TarsTarkas on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
It's a matter of QA (quality assurance) not Q&A (questions & answers).

Never did any of these monthly blind boxes and doubt I ever will. Not surprised that bootleg merch was involved.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It's a matter of QA (quality assurance) not Q&A (questions & answers).

Thanks, didn't catch that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2