• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - First Impressions: Fire Emblem Fates

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Everything is going to hell as of late especially with Japanese game studios. Lazy ports, rushed titles, unfair copyright claims. It's all there.

Yeah, heck NB released a truly incomplete Gundam title, that has never happened before, you get a bad game or two every now and then but never one that was unfinished. They should've waited the month to have the rest of the features. At least Dragon Quest Builders had a perfect launch but I fear for the rest of the SE titles.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Yeah, heck NB released a truly incomplete Gundam title, that has never happened before, you get a bad game or two every now and then but never one that was unfinished. They should've waited the month to have the rest of the features. At least Dragon Quest Builders had a perfect launch but I fear for the rest of the SE titles.
Not to mention their STEAM Tales of Symphonia port with its low resolution and half frame rate. I can understand that PC gaming is not something that the Japanese are into but doing a sloppy job makes you look greedy and incompetent.

Last edited by ParaChomp on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Considering that there were multiple versions of SF4, I was already taking a wait and see approach to SF5. I wasn't expecting Capcom to release it in such a questionable state. Then again, this is the same company that likes to charge for DLC that is on the disc, so I shouldn't be surprised if they rush a game out the door.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Honestly seems odd to write a review without mentioning the omission of the Japanese audio (which was included with Awakening.) For me that was sufficient for me to conclude that I had other things to spend my time and money on.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
The boobs aren't the problem, it's the jiggle physics. Stop blaming Todd, he brings up a valid point.

This is the same Todd that admitted he's okay with censorship as long as he doesn't like what's being censored, right?
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Bathory67 wrote:
Capcom of america said that because people like S.J.W Todd get pissed off about it.

He should be upset the game is unfinished not because a charcters has massive boobs.
It's kind of cute how badly you're blowing mild criticism out of proportion here. Not only are his comments rather tame ("It's silly, Capcom said they'd change it, they didn't, bad Capcom"), but he does comment on the other things you mention as well and can't apparently be bothered to read in the article. Throwing that word around in every post you write just makes your own agenda transparent.
John Thacker wrote:
Honestly seems odd to write a review without mentioning the omission of the Japanese audio (which was included with Awakening.) For me that was sufficient for me to conclude that I had other things to spend my time and money on.
It wasn't a review.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
This is the same Todd that admitted he's okay with censorship as long as he doesn't like what's being censored, right?
This has nothing to do with Todd. Capcom said the jiggle physics were unintentional and that they would remove them but they didn't. That is the problem, not Todd.

Saffire wrote:
It's kind of cute how badly you're blowing mild criticism out of proportion here. Not only are his comments rather tame ("It's silly, Capcom said they'd change it, they didn't, bad Capcom"), but he does comment on the other things you mention as well and can't apparently be bothered to read in the article. Throwing that word around in every post you write just makes your own agenda transparent.
Thank you so much.

My gut's telling me that a mod's going to have to clean our messy dispute up.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
No, Capcom even admitted that they needed to fix that. If it was intentional they would have never addressed it as a problem.

Perhaps, but it's also just as likely they only mentioned it for PR reasons and had no intention of changing it. Square Enix received complaints from journalists about some sexy poses in Lightning Returns and they said that they would change those due to feedback. They never did. I'm not sure who said that it would be changed the original developers or some American PR people, but it's worth taking statements like that with a grain of salt since they might just be saying it to appease people.

John Thacker wrote:

Now that the game is out I think we have a good idea why they chose to omit it. The script is extremely different from the original and almost gag dub tier in some places like turning the stoic, serious Hisame into Mr. Pickles. They probably felt the voices would clash too much.

-Stuart Smith
TrailOfDead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
i think if Chun Li's tits were supposed to jiggle like that they would probably do it regardless of which player slot she was in, and that for aesthetic reasons Capcom should ignore their idiot customers and fix their sloppy programming
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote
TrailOfDead wrote:
i think if Chun Li's tits were supposed to jiggle like that they would probably do it regardless of which player slot she was in, and that for aesthetic reasons Capcom should ignore their idiot customers and fix their sloppy programming

CAPCOM still has programmers?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Thank God I decided to wait to get Street Fighter V until they fix "All" of the glitches I'll continue to wait. Neutral
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

IMHO, the game industry is becoming a mess now. Folks are screaming about very mundane crap and yet there has hardly been any games released that even take fans back to when the gaming era was good and enjoyable.

Which as anyone will tell you is purely subjective and differs by individual......plus you already have indie games (redundant as they are) to fill that niche.

ParaChomp wrote:
Everything is going to hell as of late especially with Japanese game studios. Lazy ports, rushed titles, unfair copyright claims. It's all there.

You mean they're doing the same thing western video game publisher's/developers do!?

John Thacker wrote:

That was more of a hands on impression than an out and about review.....plus not everyone sees that as a deal breaker when the japanese dub isn't integral to the actual gameplay.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

Perhaps, but it's also just as likely they only mentioned it for PR reasons and had no intention of changing it. Square Enix received complaints from journalists about some sexy poses in Lightning Returns and they said that they would change those due to feedback. They never did. I'm not sure who said that it would be changed the original developers or some American PR people, but it's worth taking statements like that with a grain of salt since they might just be saying it to appease people.

The issue is though that this only occurs when you pick Chun-li as player 2. If you are player 1 then everything is fine, but as player 2 her boobs become helium balloons attached to her chest. It's just ridiculous, but is really only a small issue with SFV's release considering everything else that was wrong with it. They seemed to rush the thing out the door for the professional scene as for that they'd want to release it ASAP. But even for that they ran into issues with their servers and there's still the odd issue in game of Player 2 being incapable of making any selections after a match, such as rematch or change character. Only player 1 has those options.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:

My gut's telling me that a mod's going to have to clean our messy dispute up.

You get a gold star for the refrigerator for guessing correctly. Be sure to show it to your parents. Wink

I just had to clear away multiple posts and edit 1 or 2 I left. The rude and condescending insults and posts stop now folks. As does any posts mentioning certain 3 letter acronyms that serve only to rile people up. Looking right at you Bathory67. FYI if something is blocked by our word filter don't purposefully go out of your way to try and circumvent it. If you all can't post without being civil than just move on to a different topic please.

Oh, and as a little pre-emptive warning don't even start any discussion on certain aspects of Fire Emblem. I know it was given a brief single sentence mention but pretend it wasn't there. There's already one thread full of angst and rage you can go post in on that subject. Thanks.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
little pre-emptive warning don't even start any discussion on certain aspects of Fire Emblem. I know it was given a brief single sentence mention but pretend it wasn't there. There's already one thread full of angst and rage you can go post in on that subject. Thanks.

If you are going to give out warnings, you should tell us exactly what you don't want us talking about. Otherwise you will be burning innocent people. Maybe you consider it self obvious, but it may not be to everyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6