• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final 'Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto' Episode Will Not Air as Planned

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how all those one week delays was going to affect things at the end of the season. I think this is only the first series to announce that episode won't be airing.

And I guess that means that this episode won't be airing on Crunchyroll either?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:
Hope that Crunchyroll can comment on this so I can decide if im going to drop this series or not. No interest in incomplete series'

I'm just randomly passing by from reading the article, but that seems really dumb to "drop" a series when I'm assuming you're one episode away from finishing it. That's about all I can say with the information you've given, so unless there's some other reason behind it... Just enjoy what you have and wrap it up when the last episode is available for you. That's like if I played a RPG, played through the whole game up until right before the final boss battle and ending, then decided, "Nope! Screw this! I've had enough!" Just finish what you started for crying out loud, even more so if you're practically at the finish line. I could understand otherwise if you only just started or were halfway through.

anime is nota job, if he does not want to watch a series because it won't air completely, that's a fair reason.
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
TrustTheFungus wrote:
Wouldn't it be more like playing a free-to-play game, then finding out you had to pay money to fight the final boss and see the ending?

Well said my friend.

maximilianjenus wrote:
anime is nota job, if he does not want to watch a series because it won't air completely, that's a fair reason.

Of course not. I'm not gonna hold a gun to someone's head if they decide to not finish a series just because the last episode won't be available to him/her for the time being. I just find it rather senseless to act like you're gonna throw your hands up in the air and give up on something just because the end goal isn't set in plain sight at the moment. I'm sure Crunchyroll will attempt to pick up said episode in the future once it's been released on home video, as long as there is demand for them from the fans to do so I would imagine. I could just act like that with long running manga like One Piece just because the end is still so far off, that we don't know exactly when it's gonna happen. I'm sure a lot of other people would at the very least, find my attitude to be spoiled and childish.

That said, it's probably better to not keep assuming things here, although I'm sure the guy I was referring to must be at least enjoying what he's watching if he's invested his time into it. All the more reason not to write something off over something insignificant like not being able to watch the last episode until a much later date after the previous episodes.
HikariGo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:

And I guess that means that this episode won't be airing on Crunchyroll either?

I would think Crunchyroll would have the license for the entire 13-episode series, but depending on the contract they may not be able to stream an episode until it airs in Japan.

If it does not air in Japan, I assume Crunchyroll will eventually be able to stream the final episode, but perhaps not until a specified time after the blu-ray release.

Honestly, this scenario is quite unfair for Crunchyroll, but on the evidence I have seen, Crunchyroll seems to fall into line with the demands of their Japanese overlords without much protest, obviously keen to protect their relationship.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Hope that Crunchyroll can comment on this so I can decide if im going to drop this series or not. No interest in incomplete series'

I mean, like 80% or more, of anime are "incomplete" series, so that seems a little silly.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure CR will be able to snag this still. It might be a longer wait, but it'll almost definitely show up there after the BD release, at the very least.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Right now, I just hope it won't end up like some situation similar to Kekkai Sensen or God Eater. Cause that waiting was...just long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

I'm just randomly passing by from reading the article, but that seems really dumb to "drop" a series when I'm assuming you're one episode away from finishing it. That's about all I can say with the information you've given, so unless there's some other reason behind it... Just enjoy what you have and wrap it up when the last episode is available for you. That's like if I played a RPG, played through the whole game up until right before the final boss battle and ending, then decided, "Nope! Screw this! I've had enough!" Just finish what you started for crying out loud, even more so if you're practically at the finish line. I could understand otherwise if you only just started or were halfway through.

Its more like "Thanks for playing but if you want to fight the final boss please wait 15-18 months for it to be released in your country or go through illegal channels to finish the game"
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:

If you've been enjoying the show so far, why not keep watching it?

I could understand that if there was a storyline which would be resolved in the final episode (*cough* Gangsta *cough*), and nobody wants to read a whodunit with the last chapter ripped out of the book.

But this show doesn't really have a cohesive plot, so missing one episode is unlikely to make much of a difference, this attitude just seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets on Crunchy after it's appeared in Japan - sometimes stray episodes like this get fitted in the small gap between seasons, so I'd expect it to appear after the end of the summer season.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
WHAT D F

Ali07

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
It will be interesting to see what Crunchy has to say about this. Episode 6, I think, was the last one to be released? I've yet to start this series myself, but I think I may put it on hold if Crunchy are unable to get the 13th episode just yet.

Will probably start it when they announce a time frame for that last episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2