• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, May 22-28 [2016-05-24]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Assassination Classroom 10 has been pushed back to June 7th.

Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen
2 has been pushed back to May 31st.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
A Certain Magical Index 7 was pushed back to June 28. It shouldn't be on the list...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
For those interested, the second BD volume of Shirobako comes in 2 discs, as opposed to a single disc like the first BD volume. I doubt Sentai will reissue the first BD volume with 2 discs, but they should spread the series in 3 50 GB BD's if/when they release a complete collection set.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of Cigarette Girl so I Googled it and now I'm intrigued. It's a collection of gikiga slice of life tales from the '70's by Masahiko Matsumoto, with an introduction by the late Yosnhihiro Tatsumi, who was a colleague. Sounds interesting.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Seraph of the End's limited edition BR/DVD is cheaper than the standard? Confused
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Yes! DRRR 2nd is out. Just one more to go.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Seraph of the End's limited edition BR/DVD is cheaper than the standard? Confused

It's a mistake, standard is $64.98 and limited $84.98.
drakenfyre75

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Caught my interest with the Another Episode S/O
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll need to get Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun vol 3 at some point.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I just recently received my limited edition copy of Seraph of The End and it's just as much fun as I remember. Very Happy
Naniwa

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I just recently received my limited edition copy of Seraph of The End and it's just as much fun as I remember. Very Happy

I was going to buy the limited one too but then I found this UK collector's edition that came out this week for £39.99 (58$) with lots of stuff and ordered that one instead. If you own a multizone bluray player is worth importing, not only because it's cheaper but because of all the extras they included (artbook, poster, art cards, trading cards, box, etc.), that you can't find on the US release.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
Only 2 things for me this week, those being Tsubasa 8 and Inu x Boku SS 11. Kind of sad that IxBSS is now over. The last new (to me) volume of manga by Cocoa Fujiwara that I'll buy. Sad

And, that final volume stands out so much on my shelf. The first 10 volumes all have black spines, and the 11th is white. I like the look of it.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
Naniwa wrote:
I was going to buy the limited one too but then I found this UK collector's edition that came out this week for £39.99 (58$) with lots of stuff and ordered that one instead. If you own a multizone bluray player is worth importing, not only because it's cheaper but because of all the extras they included (artbook, poster, art cards, trading cards, box, etc.), that you can't find on the US release.

Not sure if you can answer but im also tempted to eventually get a multi region bluray player and possibly import the UK version of the LE but I was curious, how is the picture quality compared to the funi sets? Maybe it just has to do with games but I remember awhile ago that tv's in NA and EU are different and use different hrz for media, maybe I'm confusing two different things. Not sure if you watch/care about dubs but since thats what I'll be watching when/if I import it im assuming that its the same dub as Funi's release?
Naniwa

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Naniwa wrote:

Not sure if you can answer but im also tempted to eventually get a multi region bluray player and possibly import the UK version of the LE but I was curious, how is the picture quality compared to the funi sets? Maybe it just has to do with games but I remember awhile ago that tv's in NA and EU are different and use different hrz for media, maybe I'm confusing two different things. Not sure if you watch/care about dubs but since thats what I'll be watching when/if I import it im assuming that its the same dub as Funi's release?

I can't tell you much yet about how this one looks since I am still waiting for it to arrive, but I haven't noticed any significant difference in quality between US and UK editions before. I have no other choice than having a multizone player myself, I live in europe so unless I import from the US, I wouldn't be able to own many shows that never get to be released here. And even if they get released here, sometimes the US editions are better for some reason and I want to buy those instead. So I have editions from both sides, and they all look nice to me.

But your case is the complete opposite as mine. I never thought about those hrz differences, didn't really know that could be an issue. I googled a bit and found this:

Quote:
American HDTVs only handle 60Hz content, but Euro-HDTVs can handle both 50 & 60Hz content.

The bluray player I have says it's compatible worldwide 50/60Hz so I assume one like that would work for you too? You could have a problem if the player was only 50Hz but if it has both you should be fine. I am not 100% sure though, a few google searching can't qualify me to give you any advice, and I wouldn't want you to spend money to later find it doesn't work, so try to confirm it asking at the store first or something Very Happy

It does have english dub (and german, french I think) but I don't know if the english one is the same as funimation's release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1