• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Big Order (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Eh, Eiji and Iyo has one of the most awkward relationship chemistry I've ever seen. The two just...I don't even know how to describe it.

Action was awkward as usual as well.

The awkward relationship unquestionably was intentional, as for the action being quite frankly crap... "shrug".

In some ways I wish it was "a little bit more hammy" at least then it would be something that would be FORCED into my memory.

To reiterate, this is hardly the worst show I have watched, but it is digging deep into an unexpectedly disappointing watch as it tries(and fails) to "achieve decency" in place of doubling down on madness.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 10 (finale)

Oh by. This was kind of so bad it actually has me laughing. Not that I would say it is unredeemable, I kind of liked some artistic choices here and there. It was kind of an interesting twist that his spoiler[sister actually had the domination wish, his instead changed memories and stole the power so that she would not have to face it]. But how this was all handled was kind of laughably bad, and that is a way I am going to continue to describe this. Do you know how you watch a train wreck and kind of get enjoyment out of how horrible it is? That was this show, it was one big disaster, and it kind of had me keep on watching because I wanted to see what horrible thing happened next.

This ending came on so suddenly with almost no pacing, that it is actually pretty surreal. Regardless of whether intended or not it just feels fake, kind of like the characters actually failed and the end was one horrible and shallow world that was created after the event. It was just so un-ashamedly bad that it makes me want to learn more information to find out how this could have happened.

Accidental entertainment aside, I have to give it a rating of Bad (2/10), because "bad" is the best way to describe it. It goes beyond wishing you did something else, recommending it in good taste is a hard pressed thought. But I won't end it here, because I despite any rating, actually like the fact that I watched this, I liked the terrible things in this, kind of like it is saying humans are horrible things that despite knowing what they should they will still be fascinated by crass fanservice like a big pointless bathing scene, or the fact a main had sex with his 13 year old sister, but he also has all these other girls like yandere who says she hates him but totally loves him, and Miko who is really pure but also really dirty (she almost raped him last episode, after his affections. I can't complain about it because I was actually twisted enough to sit down to watch and enjoy it, after the first episode had a mind rape.

Someone tell me if I am being overdramatic.

I actually liked the OP and ED.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3