• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Anime's 2nd Season Premieres in Spring 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Here's a thought. Will FUNimation give this a simuldub and get it on Toonami ala Space Dandy?

highly unlikely unless CN puts some of their own stakes on the line like what they did for space dandy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
Because we had to wait 4 years, I think they should have at least 26 episodes to make up for the long wait. Heck, to make it up, they could even add a 2nd season of "Junior High" this fall.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
It's hard to catch lightning in a bottle twice after so long. May not reach the same heights in the West it once did near mainstream status. (Imagine if Game of Thrones is once every few years.)
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
this is why i hate monthly manga.

takes so long for it to get anywhere.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Now, here's the question: is FUNimation going to be able to license this or will Pony Canyon—who had the rights in Japan and likely entered the North American market precisely because, in hindsight, they had no presence there to release AoT on their own—"keep it in the family"? I don't know how the production committee will hash out, but barring FUNimation shelling out cash for a spot, PC would be (extraordinarily) foolish to not nail it down for their US arm.

On a side note, very great, smart visual, with the way it harkens back to its iconic first…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I really don't care anymore. Having to wait 4 bloody years for a 25-episode season, it's not only long overdue, but not worth it at all for a mediocre story. It passes merely as popcorn anime, and even then I've seen better in the form of Gundam SEED and Black Lagoon.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I hope Araki is really hands on even with becoming chief director rather than director, his style (along with the animators) was such a key component to how good the Attack on Titan anime version was (same with Kabaneri).

Sam Murai wrote:
Now, here's the question: is FUNimation going to be able to license this or will Pony Canyon—who had the rights in Japan and likely entered the North American market precisely because, in hindsight, they had no presence there to release AoT on their own—"keep it in the family"? I don't know how the production committee will hash out, but barring FUNimation shelling out cash for a spot, PC would be (extraordinarily) foolish to not nail it down for their US arm.

On a side note, very great, smart visual, with the way it harkens back to its iconic first…

Certainly curious about it. Personally I'll be pretty annoyed if they don't at least work with Funimation on it. They did a great job on season 1 and even got it on TV where it belonged and the dub cast was great IMO, I'd be really disappointed if the cast changed. Pony Canyon better not screw that up after this long wait.

Yeah, that's a great picture to begin the hype build with.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY!!! YES!!

I'm so behind the news these days. But this is what happens when you're locked out of y our computer for two weeks waiting for the best day for tech support to fix your Win10 problem. UGGGH!!! But I'm here and this is great news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5