• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Sunrise's Psychic School Wars Sci-Fi Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:
Nice that theyre dubbing a lot of new shows also. Crunchyroll really started this by saying theyd dub those 8 shows then I think aniplex went on with god eater, charlotte, and asterisk war (might have been before) then sentai is gonna dub 7 or 8 shows now funimation is dubbing shinomenta, overlord, hetalia world twinkle, on top of the broadcast dubs. Its a great day to be a dub fan lol. Not liking tho how crunchy roll and sentai arent giving us release dates on the home video release tho, one release date would be fine to start up but still.

I wish Aniplex would just give the rights of 'Mushishi Zoku Shou' to FUnimation, since they seem to be just sitting on that show. Mad

Doesnt funimation have the streming rights and home video release for it tho? I just checked and they have it streaming on their website with all 26 episodes on dvd.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
Angel'sArcanum wrote:
Gah. I wish they'd just forgotten about this film, such a colossal mess tbh. Been a few years since I've seen it, but my word the pacing and storytelling were quite awful.

Agreed, but it had some brilliant animation. Only thing I remember about it.

Something to cherry pick when the nostalgia crowd cherry picks old shows lol.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:

Doesnt funimation have the streming rights and home video release for it tho? I just checked and they have it streaming on their website with all 26 episodes on dvd.

That is the original 2005-2006 series, not the 2014 sequel endallchaos was referring to.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Obligatory "Dubs are awful" comment.
Obligatory 'tell someone who cares' comment

Anyway, two dubs!? And not only that, but Funi are outsourcing it to NYAV? So is the dub that got included with the UK/AU release a UK effort with British accents and all that? Because I kinda wanna watch them both now. It's a shame I probably won't be able to legally watch this dub without importing because I really like NYAV Post dubs.

When was the last time a show or movie got two dubs coming out within months of each other? (Not counting those awful Animax dubs which I absolutely refuse to acknlowedge as 'professional').

Funimation isn't outsourcing the dub. They are simply utilizing the NYAV Post dub that Anime Limited commissioned. Funimation isn't making a second dub.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:
endallchaos wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:
Nice that theyre dubbing a lot of new shows also. Crunchyroll really started this by saying theyd dub those 8 shows then I think aniplex went on with god eater, charlotte, and asterisk war (might have been before) then sentai is gonna dub 7 or 8 shows now funimation is dubbing shinomenta, overlord, hetalia world twinkle, on top of the broadcast dubs. Its a great day to be a dub fan lol. Not liking tho how crunchy roll and sentai arent giving us release dates on the home video release tho, one release date would be fine to start up but still.

I wish Aniplex would just give the rights of 'Mushishi Zoku Shou' to FUnimation, since they seem to be just sitting on that show. Mad

They have the first season 'Mushishi'. Mushishi Zoku Shou, is basically the second season, but Aniplex USA got the rights to it a while back, but haven't done anything with it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:46 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
The dub is by NYAV Post (Gundam Unicorn, Time of Eve: The Movie, Patema Inverted).

Excellent, they've been doing a great job.

DuchessBianca wrote:
As a dub fan it's been one amazing summer! Full of LE announcements, Crunchy entering the home video/dub market and dubs, dubs and more dubs Anime smile Love the industry at the moment haha

Yeah Smile
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Thanks! I figured it was probably New York related due to Media Blasters and Daniel J. Edwards (Was MC of Ladies vs Butlers) but also seeing Cassandra Lee Morris in the cast list too made me unsure.

NYAV has studios in both New York & Los Angeles and they tend to use VAs from both for their dubs similar to how Ocean & Blue Water do their dubs these days.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

The dub is by NYAV Post (Gundam Unicorn, Time of Eve: The Movie, Patema Inverted).

NYAV without Lisa Ortiz though? What's the point <looks>

-oh, she's directing it. Ok, I stand corrected.
Cool, I'll like it for that if nothing else.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:59 am Reply with quote
Graham Halstead is the only 1 of these 4 cast members that hasn't been in both a "Yu-Gi-Oh!" and "Pokemon" title. Even NYAV Post founder Mike Sinterniklaas has been in "Yu-Gi-Oh!", perhaps most notably as Mahad/Dark Magician.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2