• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - How Have Anime DVDs and Blu-rays Changed Over The Years?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Another change is that domestic Japanese releases occasionally have English subs on them. It is curious as to how the quality/accuracy this s compares to the subs it has that show as a simulcast and DVD/BD release here.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite special features comes with Noein. Director Akane Kazuki and his star seiyuu, newcomer Kudou Haruka, walk around Hakodate and visit various locales.

At one point Akane tells the cameraman that he is a bit "scared" ("kowai") of young Kudou-san. The viewer is left to imagine why.
Desslok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
**EDIT** Whoops, never mind.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
So, I am watching Votoms for the first time. And what Justin talks about here is so true. The first half I had has the repack box sets and they are pretty practical. But the second half of the series I got as singles. One, the disks are so old the show is on one side and the previews are on the other. But, two, the menu is so over blown. They went through a lot of effort for it. Getting someone to even do (an ehhhhhhhh level) trace of a cockpit and ad animation to it for the menu. So really not needed though.

Also, you can't skip any of the company intros on the singles which is annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3