• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Movies That Need Licenses ASAP

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
How about Mai Mai Miracle? Anime Limited did their Kickstarter and dubbed it but no physical release...

Actually, the physical release is finally coming. A mere 2 years and a few months late, but it is coming.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Personally,I'd like these to come here including "Saint Young Men." I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. In fact,I found about about a manga with a similar theme to this. I don't remember the name to it,but it's about an angel and a devil living in New York City. It's a shame they didn't animate that one though. It sounds like it'd be a good one.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote
Gayle wrote:
It's not on the list, but I wish they would animate the rest of Blue Spring Ride.

Live action movie isn't as pretty as an anime. But due to that, animating the rest of the story is not likely to happen.

Yeah, while I don't think we'll see that get a 2nd season...it would be nice for someone to license the manga in English. I would like to see how it all ended...
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:22 am Reply with quote
I just bought the Japanese version of Angel's Egg (which I probably would have done even if an English-language version were available): easily ninety percent of the experience is the visual storytelling, and if you've ever seen a translation of not-Jesus's story from the middle you'll lose almost nothing in watching it the film even with no Japanese knowledge.

pachy_boy wrote:
Anime movies I believe should be licensed include Magical Witch Sisters Yoyo and Nene

Yeah, I found this movie wonderful. Its fantastic sense of humour and heavier elements really elevated it. The last arc was a bit "generic kids movie" for me, which was disappointing, but I still loved it.

Tenchi wrote:
Back to this week's poll, I'm glad someone wrote-in Non Non Biyori

That was I. A lot of my favourite shows actually seem to already have two seasons (I also voted for YuruYuriKaiji and Gunslinger Girls would not be far behind, either) or a sequel to them would be a bloody terrible idea (I can't help but notice Cowboy Bebop has been added, for instance). The other was Kodomo no Jikan, for the brilliant writing in the latter part of the manga, from the fascinating development of Shirae's character to the second-greatest graduation ceremony scene in anime and manga (the first is Azumanga Daioh).
ParaSitius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
Amazon UK recently listed Beyond the Boundary for a release in 2017. Both films getting released in one pack.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Brave Story never got a North American release.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
TG72 wrote:
How about Mai Mai Miracle? Anime Limited did their Kickstarter and dubbed it but no physical release...

Actually, the physical release is finally coming. A mere 2 years and a few months late, but it is coming.

...after the Japanese release(been out for a few weeks already) which also features the kickstarter-funded English dub...
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
The other was Kodomo no Jikan, for the brilliant writing in the latter part of the manga, from the fascinating development of Shirae's character to the second-greatest graduation ceremony scene in anime and manga (the first is Azumanga Daioh).

To be honest, that one occurred to me as well but I didn't have the guts to put it on the poll.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
jymmy wrote:
The other was Kodomo no Jikan, for the brilliant writing in the latter part of the manga, from the fascinating development of Shirae's character to the second-greatest graduation ceremony scene in anime and manga (the first is Azumanga Daioh).

To be honest, that one occurred to me as well but I didn't have the guts to put it on the poll.

lol, same. I don't really ever expect that to happen though.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
I think it would be for the best of the Sora no Otoshimono movie wasn't licensed/released. It is so bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5