• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony Reveals Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Game for 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
belvadeer wrote:
The other key piece of info that remains to be known is who will be providing X's voice in English, since he hasn't had a dub actor following Mark Gatha's departure from voice acting after Maverick Hunter X and Command Mission.

tintor2 wrote:
They finally added Megaman X. Now I hope he gets a good voice actor considering the one from X8 and Maverick Hunter X (with the help of Kyoji!!!!) retired to follow another career

He was going to get replaced regardless of if he was still voice acting or not because Capcom hasn't hired Blue Water (nor main Ocean for that matter) for years plus we already saw when they had Johnny Yong Bosch cast as Zero in MvC 3 (who was okay but he's no Lucas Gilbertson who is still around).

I do agree that I hope they get someone good for X though, don't want him sounding anything like his voice actor from the trash that was X7. Anime dazed

and,according Zero's VA,Lucas Gilbertson, on his twitter, Mark Gatha passed away recently...
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:29 am Reply with quote
^Yeah, I just saw, very sad now. Sad

Edit: Apparently, it was a bad joke.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Gamer Goku wrote:
I see Amaterasu in the poster. If she's a playable character, I'm gonna buy this game in a heartbeat.

That poster is for the re-release of UMvC3, not MvC∞.

So no guarantee on that.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
He was going to get replaced regardless of if he was still voice acting or not because Capcom hasn't hired Blue Water (nor main Ocean for that matter) for years plus we already saw when they had Johnny Yong Bosch cast as Zero in MvC 3 (who was okay but he's no Lucas Gilbertson who is still around).

Um duh? I'm saying X hasn't had a new dub actor in years. That can also be credited to the fact we haven't had a new localized Mega Man X title in years, so there was never any need for a replacement. The last localized MMX game was in 2006 (Maverick Hunter X) and that was just before Mark Gatha left the VA world to pursue his new career in the medical field. Meanwhile, X appearing in crossovers like PXZ and its sequel meant the localization team could stick with the Japanese voice since casting that many characters in English would take far too much money to do and there was no pressure to hire a new guy to dub him.

BadNewsBlues wrote:
Last I checked X is the main character of Mega Man X, and is based of the original, so he's still well.....Mega Man.

X is a Mega Man/Rockman, which according to Japan is a title. In the case of X's timeline, it's the name of the legendary Reploid who will guide and change the future for the better. It doesn't mean he's the classic Astro Boy-based kid Mega Man.
UltScorpion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Well I am looking forward to this, even if I'm not looking forward to the inevitable backlash over the lack on content on launch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3