• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Scum's Wish (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Moka's ep is next week!
Moka's ep is next week!

.....I wonder if people get why I really hate Ecchan just from this episode.

SHE TOLD YOU TO STOP. Twisted Evil

Also, Hanabi is REALLY lucky. spoiler[That while that playboy is also scum for being a player; he's not a total bastard who wouldn't take "No" for an answer. She very very easily could have been raped if he forced himself on her.]

You're playing a dangerous game, girl. D:
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:34 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
.....I wonder if people get why I really hate Ecchan just from this episode.

For hinting to Mugi that she is cheating on him?

Hanabi told Ecchan to stop, but it was only out of not wanting to hurt Ecchan from playing with her feelings from playing with her without having the feelings, not out of disinterest of continuing. Hanabi was not stronger with her because she likes feeling good, and can enjoy the intamecy, and Ecchan can see that is her reason and doesn't care for that. Hanabi's high horse in it all is even screwed because even so soon after apparently starting to date for real, she starts to cheat on him with another guy, and the reason was that she wants to prove herself a women by seducing a guy from a woman who "stole" a guy she likes.

And Mugi can see it, she has been seeing other people, she says that she wants them to start dating for real, and then does not stop it courtly with the other people. So the girl he is "in love with" is a manipulative slut (she draws in a lot of guys to play with them), and the girl he is dating is also being dishonest, so then he becomes a dick. He asks out a girl for purpose of hurting her, you could argue out of frustration against females ranging from a tutor who seduced him to get his love, a senpai who pressured him to take his body, and a girlfriend who took his trust. And also that idolised opinion that the one girl has of him because he feels like shit, probably partially for the other reasons.

Back to Ecchan. She knows Hanabi is not happy with Mugi, and that neither of them love each other, while she loves Hanabi. Her comment of the hickey I think was implying that she meant to the easy to seduce boys thing as a means to try and turn Hanabi off of them, not thinking that Hanabi would take it as advice to start fooling around with more. Although I could be wrong on that part. Perhaps Ecchan really does want to really screw up Hanabi so that she becomes dependant on her, but at the least she has not started to cheat on anyone.

And this is why I am an introvert, people get messy with relationships.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Back to Ecchan. She knows Hanabi is not happy with Mugi, and that neither of them love each other, while she loves Hanabi.

*sigh*

Ecchan's "love" is such bullsh*t to me; if she honestly loved Hanabi, she wouldn't do such things. She should comfort her the way a friend should instead of going "Hey, I can totally use this to feed my sexual desires!". All I can see is uncontrollable lust here and I would love to see how people react if she had a y chromosome because I bet it'd be far more negative. =_=

I'm not in total agreement that there are still "zero feelings" between Hanabi and Mugi at this point. Especially since Hanabi admitted that she thinks she has started to long for Mugi as Mugi and not as a stand-in.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote
Ugh, this show is a drag to watch. It is incredibly well done but every episode just brings me down. It's too bad there wasn't at least one relationship in this twisted universe that wasn't screwed up. It would give us, the viewers, a bit of a break and it would give Hanabi something she desperately needs: a positive model to follow. Even Moca's appearance didn't cheer me up as it's obvious she is just going to get chucked into the emotional grinder along with every one else. There is an element of watching this that is distinctly masochistic.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
Yeah, she is lusting after Hanabi, she is the girl that gave her a sexual awakening. I am thinking part of the problem is that Ecchan is thinking Hanabi would have the same awakening, when really that is not how it works.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 am Reply with quote
At least we agree on that much. Smile

Yes, she is probably clinging to hope that if they together enough, Hanabi will fall for her.

Or she's so far gone that she doesn't care how one-sided it is and is addicted to the physical closeness too much to stop.

Quote:
It's too bad there wasn't at least one relationship in this twisted universe that wasn't screwed up.

Wait for it. =D
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Yes, but will it be as pure and wonderful as ShirouxSaber???

Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yes, but will it be as pure and wonderful as ShirouxSaber???

Wink

That's a tall bar to climb over. Anime hyper Nope. Still, it's refreshing.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Sad Trombone.wav

I do feel a bit grumpy that I know how things are going to turn out by looking at the episode count, rather than from the story beats.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Mugi's such an idiot in this ep.....yet I found him cute somehow....Anime hyper

.....well, sometimes idiots can be cute, I guess. Maybe seeing him so frustrated when he normally seems cool was what I liked.

Poor Hanabi though. It's best to break down and let your emotions out when you need to. It's healthy to cry. She needed this.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8
Chiibi wrote:
Mugi's such an idiot in this ep.....yet I found him cute somehow....Anime hyper

.....well, sometimes idiots can be cute, I guess. Maybe seeing him so frustrated when he normally seems cool was what I liked...

Ehh? Pathetic and hormonal is more like it.

Mugi: "You're a spoiler[horrible narcissistic beach volleyball!]"
Akane: "Yet you spoiler[dragged me to this love hotel.]"
Mugi: "I know what spoiler[you are and how you think..I..I've always watched you!]"
Akane: "Sure like how I'm going to take spoiler[this little episode and stick it to Hanabi?]"
Mugi: "I will spoiler[save you with the power of my love!]"
Akane: "Pfft, spoiler[bigger men have tried and yes I'm referencing that tadpole between your legs.]"

So after this episode does that mean Hanabi spoiler[will be running off for consolation to Ecchan or left-overs-kun]?

I didn't like the introduction of the spoiler[new guy] into Ecchan's life. The way the questioning went it almost felt like they were trying to undermine Ecchan's spoiler[lesbianism] (maybe?). Aside from that I can see this as another addition to the whole spoiler[unrequited love thing, but I didn't feel like that needed expanding. I'm satisfied with the number of characters they have now.]

Still enjoying the show.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Mugi is pathetic and hormonal....but I'm unable to dislike him. Maybe it's because he feels so human.

Quote:
I didn't like the introduction of the new guy into Ecchan's life

spoiler[Don't worry about Atsuya; he only provides a voice of reason for Ebato. He doesn't join the cast of scum. Anime hyper He's pretty level-headed....probably the most out of the male characters.]

Last edited by Chiibi on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
That one guy was largely echoing back Ebato's own arguments. That it does not have to be about gender and the like, so she is getting her own frame of mind put back at her. That she has as much sort of right to tell Hanabi to go to her side as her cousin has telling her that it does not matter.

Looks like B sensei managed to flip the script and made things worse. Also criminal now, call the cops on her.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
You may have noticed some posts are missing. Keep nice. Don't spoil things for others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
One of the things that got cut as a result of Errinundra's typically heavy-handed culling - Rolling Eyes - was my comment that I wish One-Eye was a writer on Scum's Wish since I prefer his far more truthful dialogue than what we get on the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7