• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Intermediary Results are In for NHK's Best 100 Anime Ranking

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
Your comment about "casual anime viewer" just sounds full of stereotypes and prejudices.

If it was popular across a lot of demographics does that not include casual viewers? What I'm getting at is that this poll was open to the general public on a popular website, so obviously we got anime on the list that are more in tune with popular culture and not as representative of the active anime community. I'm not saying the whole list is trash, but it doesn't look very selective.
TD912

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:
I had no idea that Tiger and Bunny was so popular in Japan.

T&B has a very dedicated fandom.

Am I the only one that thinks the blatant in-show advertising ruined Tiger & Bunny? It's been 6 years and I can only vaguely remember the plot of the show, but I do remember the Pepsi and SoftBank branding everywhere.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:

This and the anime song poll just shows me that too many casual anime fans influenced the outcome.

You say that is if it is a bad thing, at worse it does mean that anime have a much larger audience to cater to.
Really, only good things come from a wider, more diverse audience for a medium that has been searching for that for a long time. And we now know of the things that they enjoy.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote
^ I'm not against casual anime fans at all. The problem is when anyone and everyone who has ever seen an anime gives their opinion on best anime of all time, the list becomes skewed because they only have a choice between the few they have seen.
I would have this same problem with any fandom. If there were a poll of "Best Vocaloid Song" available to anyone who has heard one, and the top picks were World is Mine and Magnet just because those are the most recognizable songs, I'd be rightfully annoyed.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:
I'm surprised Legend Of The Galactic Heroes is even in it

I wish "Cyborg 009" was in the Top 20.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2