• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Manga Artist Inio Asano Draws Cover for Asian Kung-Fu Generation Tribute Album

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
20 years of AKFG. Thanks for the awesome songs.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Wow 20 years... I remember hearing them for the first time back in the early 2000s and greatly enjoyed what I heard. Loop & Loop was the first MV I saw from AKFG and it's still on my playlist to this day (in-fact most of the Sol-fa album is still on my playlist). Them and Orange Range were some of the best rock bands in the mid-2000s.
TheAAA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
I can't imagine being in a band for 20 years. My band is coming up on it's 10th anniversary and that blows my mind.

I wonder if the song Solanin on this album is based on the fragment of song that's actually in the manga Solanin. There's a segment where the main character is looking at a guitar chord chart, and if you actually play what little you can see of what's written, it sounds real nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1