• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kujira no Kora wa Sajō ni Utau TV Anime's Video Reveals J.C. Staff, October Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this PV looks great. The pure visual quality and the feel of it..

I remember reading the manga for this not too long awhile ago. Definitely interested in checking out this show for Fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:57 pm Reply with quote
As someone unfamiliar with the source material I can say I'm definitely intrigued; the promo looked beautiful and the character designs were memorable in a pleasing way. The premise sounds vague enough to be either boringly generic or amazingly inventive, depending on its execution. Checking this out for sure when it premieres.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks beautiful! Can't wait!
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Beautiful! Looks like movie quality.
The story sounds similar to Suisei no Gargantia, I hope this one will be as good as that or better.
OwlBiceps

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
WOWOW MAJOR HYPE

By the looks of the visuals (atypical art style) and the fact that they have enough material to make a PV this long before the release, this is probably an ongoing passion project for JC Staff.

Serious Shin Sekai Yori vibes from this, which is not a bad thing at all Very Happy
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, fall is already looking super promising. I was thinking it would probably be something that J.C. Staff would animate after looking at the manga a little bit and behold.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:10 am Reply with quote
When I first read news about this anime, it sounded interesting given by its premise. Now that I have seen the PV, I'm definitely giving this show a fair chance. Character design is solid (and somewhat generic but hey, its still nice), there's a huge amount of potential for character exploration, the soundtrack set the tone well, art style of the backgrounds is gorgeous, a chance for some good world building (considering it takes place in the middle of nowhere I have low hopes for this category), and again, the premise is interesting enough. Fall looks more and more like a legit season (even more so than Winter, Spring, and Summer combined). I really hope this project goes well, this show actually has the potential to be something memorable and outstanding. Granted I'm not a fan of how the main characters are teenagers but hey, what can I do?

(even if this show turns out to be disappointing, I still got Yuasa's Devilman anime to look forward so my hope for modern anime won't be dying anytime soon Laughing )
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 am Reply with quote
To see so much love being put into a fantasy-adventure shoujo brings a tear to my eye. This is so beautiful. After Akatsuki no Yona and Akagami no Shirayukihime, I'm so glad to see fantasy shoujo get the budget they deserve.

I have Fukumenkei Noise for Spring. I'm really hoping Gakuen Babysitters gets an anime next. And after that, Takane to Hana would be nice. And then Kuro Hakushaku wa Hoshi o Mederu...and then, and then....*rambles*
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
With this and the Ancient Magus' Bride anime, I can be hyped for fall anime season now, yes? Very Happy
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Wingbeats wrote:
With this and the Ancient Magus' Bride anime, I can be hyped for fall anime season now, yes? Very Happy

Considering how the Fall season actually looks promising this year.....YES!!! Very Happy
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:07 pm Reply with quote
The manga synopsis look good and the PV woah.
Picked up this anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1