• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Species Domain GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:42 am Reply with quote
A frank question, is there ANY monster girl series that's at least not half-descent?

When thinking of, for example, isekai (different world) genre, especially light novels, there's not exactly any shortage of bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. But I don't think I'd attach that label to any monster girl work I'd heard of so far. Or there is, but I've somehow managed to miss them?...
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear this has promise I pre-ordered all four volumes off of Amazon and even through the back cover quote up on my blog. Glad that they got someone who knows folklore to review this.

At least now I have some idea of what I'm in store for, zlso I don't mind fussy clothing detail back when I was super into CLAMP in 2008-2010 fussy detail to clothing was my main attraction to Manga art and design in general and fussy detail is something that appeals to me blame Charles Biro for that.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
A frank question, is there ANY monster girl series that's at least not half-descent? ...

Give it about half a year when the would be LN writers finally jump ship from "in another world" scenarios into the craze of "monster girls".
I foresee by 2020 we will be flooded with news of novice writers trying there amateur rendition of "monster girls" and will actually be wanting for the days of "lead character gets stuck in fantasy land".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1