• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall of anime for Indians

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abhimanyu0003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
Animax has shut down its operation in India. Being a neighbor to Japan, it's surely a saddening fact that our exposure (more like the exposure for the younger generation) is further limited.

Animax India didn't show ads. It got off DTH providers because it couldn't pay the licensing fees in the past. And now it's shutting down. Now the Indian entertainment industry is completely composed of (I'm really sorry to say this) garbage Indian animation.

End of an era, if you ask me. It gave us Indians precious memories. Though most of us watch anime online (and a lot of us pirate as well), Animax was still an experience that we will never forget. But, this change could be good in some ways. I'm not sure whether that's ok to say or not, as Animax WAS a very important part and we'll miss it forever, but still, it could be good in some ways. Here's how.

What are your thoughts? If you're angry about it, then know that you should be.
#gatha1899

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
I feel quite angry as they started SONY YAY! , with cartoons that have sickening dubs. I finally finished high school (PCM stream) and they ruined my plans for my long awaited holidays. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1