• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shadow of the Colossus PS4 Game is Remake Not Remaster

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Only played this a little bit in the PS2 era so super excited for this Remake, thought it was pretty clear in the trailer that it was such and not a remaster though.

They were showing off game-play in the trailer. lol
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Remake?

Well sure, it's a good reintroduction to a cult hit (even if I was personally more hyped for Spider-Man).
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Lol wasn't this obvious?! How could people not even tell the difference?! Rolling Eyes
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
Lol wasn't this obvious?! How could people not even tell the difference?! Rolling Eyes

It's probably because they haven't played it in awhile, even I knew it was a a remake, the graphics on the PS3 version that I have didn't look that good.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:

Probably because people don't seem to understand the definition of the terms to begin with.

I don't really get where the confusion is. If you ask someone the difference between a remake and a remaster in terms of movie releases, I'm sure they would understand the concept perfectly, but when it comes to games, people use them interchangeably. Hence the fact that HD remasters are oftentimes not only mistakenly called remakes by the public, but also even called so by developers.

It's very annoying, because there is a major difference between the two. Remasters from pre-HD generations are nice because of how bad those games look on HD TVs, but unless they're bundled they aren't a good value. Remakes are so much better.
levonr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:

Yeah I could tell pretty quickly it wasn't just a remaster. I do hope they add more Colossus to expand the game, not expecting that but it would be nice.
Enturax

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
^^^ I think some of them actually KNOW the definition of Remaster. It's just that they probably have Crash N'sane Trilogy in their heads which is a remaster, even though it looks like a remake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1