• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Kemono Replicants

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Kadokawa is a huge corporation with many friends in the anime industry and if Yaoyorozu says a word against them they will never again be able to work in the anime industry. Some of the outrage over this is because of how rigged the anime industry is against small production companies such as Yaoyorozu. This is a very good example of that.

In my opinion, had they/Tatsuki just sit on the news that he was removed from the director seat of KF until Kadokawa/the-KF-committee made their S2 announcement with the new staff list ready then he/Yaoyorozu may still have another chance to play within the system; for taking it to Twitter and springing this event upon Kadokawa, they had already jeopardized their future within the anime biz under the committee system, and frankly, I'd say that their short-to-medium-term future survival will be almost fully if not fully dependent on the fans' crowdfunding support; which I don't doubt that they can/should be able to gather relatively easily.

Chrono1000 wrote:
FD2Raptor wrote:
I won't comment on the "forced the voice actresses to apologize" because that's entirely speculation.
I think that it was a scummy tactic. It only made Kadokawa look worse and their PR department must be rather outdated.

I already said that it's entirely speculation that it was Kadokawa who "forced the voice actresses to apologize". And if you really want my view on that part then, the 2 chief issues that people had with the NicoLive thing are:

1>Regarding the statement (in the comments that it's a "non-apology")
2>Regarding the combination of the fact that the statement was made and the person who had to make that statement.

Regarding the first point, maybe they could have written a better response, maybe not, but to demand an apology when we don't even have the all the facts of the incident only show the bias of the speaker.

Regarding the first part of the 2nd point, there is really no surprise that they had to make a statement regarding the incident. Anyone expect otherwise is just being unrealistic in how these event usually play out. And as "only the people directly involved know the truth about how things went down", I could just as easily see the statement on the NicoLive program as the director/writer for the NicoLive program felt like the timing of their program (I am certain that the NicoLive program was already scheduled in advance, just as how I already have the Oct 20th LLSS NicoLive in my Timeshift queue since the last one aired in Sep 1st) meant that they had to say something about the whole incident while being most likely freelancers (similarly to situation in anime production studio, radio/live program are also mostly freelancers; ex: there're ~130 "radio" programs at agqr.jp, some does live broadcast others pre-recorded, some with video others are audio-only and yet they have only 5 permanent/employed staff) they can't say anything beyond the most basic and almost template response when they themselves wouldn't be privy to what happened between Kadokawa and Yaoyorozu.

As for the 2nd part, so long that no one can ascertain that it was unusual for said seiyuu to be making the opening statements for the program then the assumption that that seiyuu was "forced" is also just baseless guesswork without anything to support it.

relyat08 wrote:

So, basically, you've decided to put your faith in Kadokawa based on the minimal information we have, while a lot of other people have decided to put their faith in Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu based on that same minimal information(maybe a little more).
If any one of them was negotiating with Kadokawa, Tatsuki was almost assuredly involved. And considering the team here, I would find it incredibly unlikely that there was someone in the company(they were all part of the production) who wasn't prioritizing their combined creative vision.

I'm only working out what happened based on the actual information that is out there, and I can't say much about Yaoyorozu side when their only public statement so far is literally "the person in charge is not present/available".

I'll just be repeating myself at this point, but again, you're putting a tons of faith in a guy who you have no idea who he/she is. Just because they may be on the same creative team doesn't mean that they both look back at the hardship they went through in producing KF S1 the same way and would have approached the negotiating table in the same manner.

And as I already acknowledge earlier that until Yaoyorozu speaks out, we still don't have all the facts, and I am open to changing how I see the "how did this come about" when they do decide to speak out. But until then I am not going to waste my time being angry at anybody because of guesswork, theories and assumptions.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:

relyat08 wrote:

So, basically, you've decided to put your faith in Kadokawa based on the minimal information we have, while a lot of other people have decided to put their faith in Tatsuki and Yaoyorozu based on that same minimal information(maybe a little more).
If any one of them was negotiating with Kadokawa, Tatsuki was almost assuredly involved. And considering the team here, I would find it incredibly unlikely that there was someone in the company(they were all part of the production) who wasn't prioritizing their combined creative vision.

I'm only working out what happened based on the actual information that is out there, and I can't say much about Yaoyorozu side when their only public statement so far is literally "the person in charge is not present/available".

I'll just be repeating myself at this point, but again, you're putting a tons of faith in a guy who you have no idea who he/she is. Just because they may be on the same creative team doesn't mean that they both look back at the hardship they went through in producing KF S1 the same way and would have approached the negotiating table in the same manner.

And as I already acknowledge earlier that until Yaoyorozu speaks out, we still don't have all the facts, and I am open to changing how I see the "how did this come about" when they do decide to speak out. But until then I am not going to waste my time being angry at anybody because of guesswork, theories and assumptions.

I feel like you ignored a pretty notable part of what I stated. I'm not putting blind faith in someone I have no idea about. I've been reading interviews, both JP and (unfortunately limited)English that talk about the creation of the studio, who is involved, and what kind of team they are. Once again, the entire studio is just these 10 guys, ALL OF THEM WERE INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION(my point here is that they don't have a "business" guy who handles things like this, they do that themselves) and I find it incredibly unlikely that one of them was not clued in on the vision because they all had a hand in creating it and all of them have talked, in interviews, about how much they loved the experience and the creative freedom they were given, especially. This is the only English translated interview so far. It's probably not going to convince you entirely, but it should give you an idea of how the studio is run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2