• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naisho no Tsubomi Anime's Promotional Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else here going to feel really uncomfortable if this ends up being subbed?
F8TE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
First "Kodomo no Jikan" and now this. Uncomfortable is an understatement.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
...uhm.......this....I was not expecting.......don't get me wrong...I'm gonna watch it..........I've never seen anhthing like THAT before.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
F8TE wrote:

Did you watch the preview? This series is totally different from Kodomo no Jikan. While Kojikan panders to the lolicon otaku, Naisho no Tsubomi is meant for young girls. It's an entertaining way to talk about puberty, which intended viewers are currently experiencing. Reproduction is also covered, because Tsubomi's mother is pregnant.
Shougo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
kodomo no jikan is aimed at men and is a lolicon manga but this series is actually aimed at young girls and i don't find anything wierd about it. i mean, like, a lot of parents don't even talk to their kids about stuff like this so...

but i wouldn't doubt it if the lolicon crowd will love this.

*UPDATE*

i just went to amazon.co.jp and the same people who bought this manga also bought kodomo no jikan and ichigo mashimaro... i'm not sure little girls are actually reading this 0.o

Last edited by Shougo on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
minakichan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote
If the message is good, then I think this is a good idea. It certainly doesn't seem like loli perversion. It's still better for little girls to learn about sex through something that at least AIMS to be educational than through Shoujo Comic magazine AKA "If he rapes you and it still makes you feel good, it must be love!" (and that's not an exaggeration in the slightest.)
rowsdower

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
F8TE wrote:

As someone else has stated, this sounds like a completely different animal. This looks to be more like "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret" and other such completely innocent, harmless fare specifically designed to assure girls in early puberty that what they're experiencing is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I got stuff like this from well-meaning relatives all the damn time when I was about 11-12.

Now, if this show had a 3 AM timeslot, then it would be supremely creepy and the mighty inferno of loli/moe hatred that burns within me would incinerate everything within a mile radius. But given the magazines the manga ran in are geared towards late elementary schoolers, I'm not worried about this one.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
The main difference between Kodomo no Jikan and Naisho no Tsubomi is that the former is aimed at lolicons and largely read by lolicons, whereas the latter is aimed at pubescent girls and is largely read by lolicons.
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I just hope there's actual sex in this otherwise I'll feel really let down Laughing j/k.
Lucca_Ashtear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, how can you even compare the two?
There is nothing in that summary that would indicate this is intended for anyone outside the female pubescent audience. It appears to have much more in common with a book like this than anything else.
I wouldn't be surprised if this film becomes a sort of "teaching tool" for parents and teachers to show children. I admit I'm not aware of how sex education is taught in public schools outside the US.

Last edited by Lucca_Ashtear on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope you like discharges!
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote
Lucca_Ashtear wrote:
Honestly, how can you even compare the two?

They have very different target demographics, but they both deal with the subject of little girls and sex. Of course KoJika is designed to appeal to "prurient tastes" and Naisho no Tsubomi is genuinely intended as an educational work, but Yabuuchi's hyper-moé art style really doesn't help get that idea across. Sales of the manga were much higher than expected because far more grown men were buying it than elementary schoolgirls. To paraphrase St. Paul, "to the pure all things are pure, but to the corrupt all things are corrupt".

Fronzel wrote:
I hope you like discharges!

Now that's one particular part that even I would be surprised to see in the anime.
samuraikiruku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote
It would be extremely weird if it was used in western schools.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
angel_lover wrote:
hyper-moé art style

The art style looks more like run-of-the-mill shoujo to me.

Quote:
Sales of the manga were much higher than expected because far more grown men were buying it than elementary schoolgirls. To paraphrase St. Paul, "to the pure all things are pure, but to the corrupt all things are corrupt".

Grown men also bought lots of Cardcaptor Sakura stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that the show was for little girls.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
The art style looks more like run-of-the-mill shoujo to me.

The anime looks very different to the manga - which one are you basing your view on?

Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Grown men also bought lots of Cardcaptor Sakura stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that the show was for little girls.

Quite so, it should be clear from my previous posts that I'm not arguing about the intended target demographic. However, unlike Tsubomi, Sakura never talks about her vaginal secretions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2