• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beastars Anime's Final Season Split in 2 Halves

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:50 pm Reply with quote
With what they have left to adapt, that makes sense.

(though this better not be split set of 6 episodes...)
Eddy2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:15 am Reply with quote
Does this really mean they'll be releasing both parts in batches? Like, none of the episodes will air weekly? Because that's gonna suck balls…
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:54 am Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:
Does this really mean they'll be releasing both parts in batches? Like, none of the episodes will air weekly? Because that's gonna suck balls…

I presume so as technically while weekly run episodes would fall under batch releases. Netflix traditionally puts up all episodes of something up at the same time.
pip25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:01 am Reply with quote
Not sure what to think. The first season was so good, but second was so horrifyingly bad...
ssjtennis1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:08 am Reply with quote
Eddy2 wrote:

As long as everyone gets it at the same time, I have no problem. It's unfortunate for the people that like their weekly discussions though.
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:47 pm Reply with quote
When they announced 'The Final Season', I remember the manga fans hollering about it needing two cours without being drastically altered, so it looks like the furries will be happy with this news.

I wish could say I enjoyed Beastars, but after the first 4-5 episode it seemed to devolve into shlocky, 'made up on the fly' soapy nonsense, where its themes seemed to constantly clash against each other. Whether story, characters or societal ideas, the whole show seemed to just be a bunch of half-baked musings that never congealed into a thoughtful or satisfying whole.

I had hoped the ending might turn things around, but even the fans don't seem to like it, so I won't hold my breath.

Well, we have Trigun & now two-cours of Beastars in the future. My already distant hopes of a Lustrous continuation get even further away. *Pours one out*
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:01 pm Reply with quote
pip25 wrote:
Not sure what to think. The first season was so good, but second was so horrifyingly bad...

And the final Arc in the manga was horrible.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Maleko Ai wrote:
pip25 wrote:

And the final Arc in the manga was horrible.

IMO, horrible is way too strong. I’d say its biggest crime was just doing too many things; the author needed to prioritize some plots over others.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:32 pm Reply with quote
pip25 wrote:

How, in God's name? It was a lot better than season 1.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:12 pm Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:
I wish could say I enjoyed Beastars, but after the first 4-5 episode it seemed to devolve into shlocky, 'made up on the fly' soapy nonsense, where its themes seemed to constantly clash against each other. Whether story, characters or societal ideas, the whole show seemed to just be a bunch of half-baked musings that never congealed into a thoughtful or satisfying whole.

I finished the first season but the show kinda lost me when a very big deal was made about a character who had an injury so bad that he had to bow out of the lead role of a play because he just couldn't physically do it anymore, and then spoiler[he ends up showing up for the play anyway, does it flawlessly and the injury is never brought up again]. Between that and the line "I couldn't bring myself to eat that old man's finger" it kinda became hard to take seriously.

Glad that fans will be getting a complete adaption though and it didn't er, turn into a Land of the Lustrous situation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1