• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Dragonball Film Wraps Shooting in Mexico

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote
So..it's done? Who's got the bootleg..I mean it's Mexico!
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
^ Im guessing they'll need to edit the thing first lol, you know, post production and all that jazz..
Celes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
That seemed really fast. But maybe that's just because I was reading in the March issue of Anime Insider that filming had begun on the movie, lol. I get the issues a month late because I borrow them from the library -_-
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Editing will be a prime focus but I have no doubt that they will probably have to go back and shoot some scenes here and there just to make sure everything is good. It always happens.
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering how much of this will involve RIDICULOUS green-screening.

I'm also wondering why they couldn't get some bigger actors. : /
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quote
TokyoGetter: If it makes you feel better, there weren't many big actors in X-men.
Kibate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
actually, i would approve of noname actors as long as they fit the characters
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:23 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
TokyoGetter: If it makes you feel better, there weren't many big actors in X-men.

I thought that film was 'ok,' but that film had really well-estabished personalities like Patrick Stewart, Anna Paquin, Famke Jansen, and Sir Ian in it.

I love CYF, but he's been water-treading for a long time. I'm hoping this thing turns around, or they at least keep it ass-whooping-oriented, as opposed to telling a story.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 am Reply with quote
I can so not wait for trailers and commericals. I have a feeling those will be damn funny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:06 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I can so not wait for trailers and commericals. I have a feeling those will be damn funny.

Considering that the director thought Justin Chatwin's (the actor that plays Goku) hair is already spikey and didn't require the use of a wig, don't hold your breath.

http://www.diario.com.mx/nota.php?notaid=f3ba1bc987de113957e7947aff551b3e
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote
According to the Wikipedia article, the film has a budget of $100 million. That's over $9000!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
According to the Wikipedia article, the film has a budget of $100 million. That's over $9000!

I knew this was coming.

Hon'ya-chan...how can this be possible? No one in the real world has Goku hair. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

Hon'ya-chan...how can this be possible? No one in the real world has Goku hair. Shocked

I just seriously hope that they attempt to use CGI to replicate Goku's hair.....even if it is shitty. The fact they took alot of liberties with the property makes me wonder if the DB fanboys are gonna go to it in droves, or attempt to Kamehameha the producers.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Weren't they also going to shoot the bluescreen stuff on soundstages at Mel's Cité du Cinéma in Montreal?

I know they were doing the location shooting in Mexico since, well, it's winter in Canada, but this will be a film with extensive bluescreened sequences and I thought they still had that left to shoot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Weren't they also going to shoot the bluescreen stuff on soundstages at Mel's Cité du Cinéma in Montreal?

I know they were doing the location shooting in Mexico since, well, it's winter in Canada, but this will be a film with extensive bluescreened sequences and I thought they still had that left to shoot.

Still doesn't explain why they screwed up the trademark spikey hair of Goku. Even thought I hate the series, I can still identify Goku by his hair if need be.

I mean, I could care less if they messed up parts of story canon, but to dismiss or make such an executive decision like that...on one of the most recognizable trademarks of a character?

It's like replacing any characters trademark guns (Togusa's Mateba, Revy's twin Beretta 92's, Vash and Alcards custom guns) with Desert Eagles....or giving Takumi a Nissan 200SX (S12). You essentially strip identity of that character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7