• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote
it was originally Gee-ah-soo (the oo sound was just because of how the Japanese say things) so the way JYB says it is correct

also I don't think thats a fan comic (I think it was a 4koma done by the official artist)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
You can watch Episode 7 on Adult Swim's website now. And this is where, spoiler[Lelouch met his match against Cornelia as she nearly mopped the floor on him!] JYB is actually getting better as Lelouch in this episode.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:38 pm Reply with quote
7 is definitely one of my favorite episodes (and I really like 8 as well)

as a side note Bandai is doing a poll of favorite scenes in episodes 1-4

http://code-geass.bandai-ent.com/poll/polla.php

have a look
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hm. Well, I have yet to see episode seven, (7-hour work shift + house cleaning = now I want to flop in front of my computer and do nothing) but I will soon. I voted with the crowd on every scene in the poll:

1. The first use of Geass was the moment I decided I wanted to watch the show,

2. He knows Clovis? Oh, snap. For some reason I knew that he was going to be a dead prince in the next episode. Lelouch is not a very kind boy.

3. Kallen's one tough broad. I thought the whole ordeal, especially how Lelouch reacted to it, was quite funny. He has this superpower, and she's a naked girl, but who's holding who hostage?

...except the last one.

4. Anything with Zero in it just makes me giggle. What a silly alias! Suzaku's speech, however, really struck me. How many people would be willing enough, foolish and brave enough to do what he did? I thought it was quite striking, but as per the usual most people just like drama, action, and nudity most. Wink
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quote
the first ones obvious its the climax of the first episode as is the second one the third one is well kallen does fan service-whats not to like

the last one zero's intro obviously what else would they pick

personaly this is my favorite series right now -im a big fan of gundam and other mecha shows but this ones got lots of other stuff i realy like so its good

this episode is very important i think because lelouch is shown to be falable and not able to beat anyone just using his geass power it definatly helps make the charaters more dynamic
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

spoiler[BEHOLD, THE BLACK KNIGHTS!!!! Surprised

It seems like they dropped the "Order" in the dub. Is it because of too many syllables to match the lip flaps? ]
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Once again, Lelouch displays his lack of taste in fashion or threatening company-wear. Laughing

I was just starting to like Lelouch more, but I think I'm waffling again. Was he planning on killing Euphemia and was just interrupted? Or was he going to release her along with the hostages and just felt the need to threaten her into submission a little?

If the answer is the former, Lelouch is a really big douche.

Suzaku has yet to prove himself horribly annoying, honestly. He's being naiive and unproductive, possibly foolish, but honorably so, anyway.

Good episode altogether, one of the best so far.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Once again, Lelouch displays his lack of taste in fashion or threatening company-wear. Laughing

I was just starting to like Lelouch more, but I think I'm waffling again. Was he planning on killing Euphemia and was just interrupted? Or was he going to release her along with the hostages and just felt the need to threaten her into submission a little?

If the answer is the former, Lelouch is a really big douche.

Suzaku has yet to prove himself horribly annoying, honestly. He's being naiive and unproductive, possibly foolish, but honorably so, anyway.

Good episode altogether, one of the best so far.

they explain the bit with Euphie later and the reason everyone hates Suzaku will become clear soon, I think.

and remember he's as much an actor as a leader he needs to leave a strong impression
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
simple answers
spoiler[
no he didn't he's just making his presence known
people hate him for those reason and other things he does-he's going to do somethings that are pritty much going to make him a jerk
finaly keep watching you will like it ]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:

they explain the bit with Euphie later and the reason everyone hates Suzaku will become clear soon, I think.

Does he become "obstructionist for the sake of it frienemy douche" like every other best friend of a male lead in a shonen series? Wink

I can't imagine him even approaching Kazuki in Dragonaut. Wink

Btw, do they ever establish that Lalouche cannot "wish for a million wishes"? I mean, he's shown that he can have that girl mark on that wall every day, couldn't he geass someone to "From now on, when I snap my fingers, do whatever I ask, and then forget that you've done it"?
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:

Btw, do they ever establish that Lalouche cannot "wish for a million wishes"? I mean, he's shown that he can have that girl mark on that wall every day, couldn't he geass someone to "From now on, when I snap my fingers, do whatever I ask, and then forget that you've done it"?

of course he could but he doesn't (It's never mentioned in series but most people think he doesn't do it for moral reasons)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:23 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

spoiler[BEHOLD, THE BLACK KNIGHTS!!!! Surprised

It seems like they dropped the "Order" in the dub. Is it because of too many syllables to match the lip flaps? ]

The Black Order was D.Gray-Man.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
he doesn't do it for moral reasons)

Moral reasons?

I highly doubt that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:

Knowing him, he's probably got some plan for her. If I were him, I would have Geassed her to kill Cornelia when next they met. She'd obviously get executed for it, and that's two fewer people between Lelouche and the throne.

But there are other possibilities- perhaps he realised that Euphemia was just a powerless girl. In light of his objection to the terrorists, killing her would have been hypocritical. Or maybe he was going to kill her, but had an attack of conscience. Or, maybe he drew the gun to show that he COULD kill her if he wanted to, but he wasn't going to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 60