• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
wolfs' rain: shine?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto-kun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:03 am Reply with quote
hello,

i recently listened to the 2 ost albums from wolfs' rain (very good by the way) and i think that there's one track missing. not sure what the title is, but my guess would be "shine", "shine on" or something like that, it's played in eps. 29 during a "flashback" in which toboe runs through some fields. the song contains some female vocals, but not sure who's (ilaria graziano's?).

does someone know which song i 'm referring to?

salut!
abomb77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
The song that is played in ep 29 what Toboe has his "flashback" is "Separated" - Track 8 on OST2.

However, the song that is played when the group finds Toboe doesn't seen to be on either soundtracks. It has a young choir boy singing.

Then, it switches to the song you are describing - a female singer saying "Shine" and other stuff. That one also seems to be missing.

There is also another song I really like that seems to be missing form the OSTs. It plays near the end ep 26, starting when Kiba enters the room with Jagara, playing while they battle Jagara. I think it is played in earlier eps as well.

Any ideas on these songs? Maybe there is another OST due?
naruto-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* it looks there's more than one song missing. guess there's indeed another part of this soundtrack coming up.

present favorites now are:"stray", "strangers", "run, wolf warrior, run" (ost 1), "friends", "tsume no suna", "face on", "rain of blossoms" track 17 ost 2.

hard to believe that no one in hollywood noticed yoko kanno, considering the work she's already done.

we'll just have to wait and see. btw, i also really liked what yoko kanno did for gits:stand alone complex. "be human" (ost 2) contains some really good songs.

salut!
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Strangers is my absolute fave song out of all the wolf's rain soundtracks. I think Wolf's Rain is Kanno's best work yet, or if not, it at least ties with Escaflowne as best.

Sorry that I can't help you with the tracks there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1